Author Topic: FOR SALE K1200GT SARGENT RIDERS SEAT-PRE NOVEMBER 2006 MODELS ONLY  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Lightning_650

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
For sale a SARGENT RIDERS SEAT to fit K1200GT,(or K1300GT?) models made prior to 22nd November 2006
I bought this off ebay as it was advertised to fit ANY K1300GT,which turned out to be not the case.(see the notes below as lifted from the Sargent website)
Serves me right for not doing my research.
However,after searching in vain for the pillion perch to match I have now bought the complete set,so this one is now surplus to requirements.
Sargent World Sport Performance seat in black with black piping.Not heated.Excellent condition,no marks/rips or tears.If you have the original BMW pillion seat it will only fit the models listed,if you've got the matching Sargent pillion seat then the combination will fit ANY K1200 GT or K1300GT,or so I'm led to believe.Basically,if your original seat has a single wide connecting tab it should fit,if it has the twin tabs it won't....
£115 ovno,(new price is £299!)
I'm in North Bedfordshire on the Cambridge side if you want to collect,(strongly recommended as we can make sure it fits your bike before you hand over your cash.)
Lance
From the Sargent website:
IMPORTANT NOTE:
We have discovered that the BMW OEM seats for the K1200/K1300 GT underwent a change as of production date Novermber 22, 2006. This change effects the interconnectivity of the driver seat and passenger seat.

Due to this change, the Sargent World Sport Performance Front seat is NOT compatible with the BMW OEM rear seat for all models manufactured after this date.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:59:41 am by Lightning_650 »
Lifes a bitch.And then you die.