Author Topic: Back Agane!  (Read 5444 times)

Offline Hedgehog

• View Profile
    • PlanningStreet
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Wunderlich Micro Flooters, peg extenders, Stebel horn, Grip Buddies
Back Agane!
« on: March 09, 2015, 02:25:45 pm »
Ahem. Here we go again (having probably deleted my own post :-[ :-[).

THE HEDGEHOG IS BACK! ;D

.. and he's very glad to see Euro K back too. Great forum, nice people and lots of useful info about some of the best bikes in the world (we still haven't found a better all round tourer than the K1200GT).

I've been struggling with the medication - but things seem calmer now - only a year's more treatment to go hopefully. Three years of feeling rubbish is not good - but at least the tumour is benign.

Anyway - bikes have helped keep me going, and in particular Bigbikemad - the online magazine I founded when this brain tumour stuff all kicked off. Here's the new 2015 Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nZyNnrgkqE

And here's an old video of the K1200 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqVMvj-P9p4

Hope its going to be another good summer... 8)

HH
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:29:24 pm by Hedgehog »

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
Re: Back Agane!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 04:55:37 pm »
Haven't we been here before?.....................................haven't we been here before?................................haven't we been here before?

Welcome back, welcome back.

Again.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 05:15:02 pm »
Yep, definitely been here before because I remember posting along with several others. You must have managed to delete the whole thread. Either that or Rupert "Thumbs" Phmode has been up to his tricks. :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 05:39:24 pm »
OH NO HE HASN'T and he has the mod log to prove it. But he might!

Welcome back again, again Dave!

Now then, about this order for a dozen or so K12/13 carbon front mudguards.....

Brian (who)

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:34:15 pm »
Hello Dave.....again or agane(?) or whatever....!

Offline Hedgehog

• View Profile
    • PlanningStreet
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Wunderlich Micro Flooters, peg extenders, Stebel horn, Grip Buddies
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 03:52:23 am »
 :-[ Sorry- senior moment.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 07:54:40 am »
Hello again Dave
In another thread I've mentioned your name in a quest to find someone who can make a carbon fenda extender in UK according to our specs. Do you have someone in mind?
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 11:28:20 am »
Hi Costas!

Do you really mean a carbon 'Fender Extender' or are you really talking about an extended carbon front mudguard?

A carbon extender would be no better than a plastic one for those of us with cracks in our mudguards!

Brian (who just loves it when something cracks just from being used)

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 01:06:00 pm »
A I saw one in the net, small only about 10cm with a nice decorative dent in the middle matching the lines of the fender it self, carbon type attached to the plastic fender with two small black bolts. The thing is cannot find it again, lost the address. With that size and looks, it might be ideal to do the job, look good and not effect the integrity of the plastic fender. :P 
It was probably custom made.
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 01:15:13 pm »
We might be talking at cross purposes Costas.

What we would like is a complete extra long mudguard without having to fit a Fenda Extenda. It could be that it is best made out of carbon fibre to have sufficient rigidity. We need someone that is able to do a good job and is prepared to run off a small batch at a reasonable price. Could be that such a person does not exist.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 01:27:57 pm »
Your proposal is even better since the carbon fenders in the market have exactly the same dimension and some are even smaller than the original.  :-[
I'm sure there was a Briton who was occupied with carbon parts and was member of the old site. 8)
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 03:40:42 pm »
Your proposal is even better since the carbon fenders in the market have exactly the same dimension and some are even smaller than the original.  :-[
I'm sure there was a Briton who was occupied with carbon parts and was member of the old site. 8)

That Brit was Dave of Bigbikemad! But he was only producing small, simple pieces. The other guy was 'frankawa' whom we seem to mislaid in the move.

Brian (who can't see the problem, surely ALL K12/13 owners would want one, at least after they had changed the radiator a couple of times  :-[ )

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 03:42:23 pm »
Correct, now lets find him.
Embrace the wind.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 11:38:07 pm »
This may be the carbon extender (not full fender) that Costas had in mind:

http://www.infiniteperformance.co.uk/infinite-performance-carbon-fender-extender-bmw-k1300s-p-342.html

I would not fit this without some careful 'modifications', for two reasons:
1, it's too tight against the tyre (= I had to hack off the edges)
2. its too long to be supported (= I had to hack off the botton inch / 3cm)

The first is the fault of the designer, the second is the fault of the original floppy BMW fender.

So, post-hacksawing, I am now the proud owner of a specially lightened carbon fender.
Which is short enough that I'm not actually sure it helps. But then again it's fitted, so sod it ::)

What we really need is an Ilmberger one. Oh look, they bloody well do one - I didn't know that until 30s ago:
http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/road/bmw/76_k-1300-s/2011/categories/carbon-parts/ilmberger-carbon-parts/KVO-002-K120S-K

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 08:05:55 am »
The one from ilmberger is a fender shorter than the original by 2cm and it is also offered by the BMW Motorrad line of accessories since they make the carbon parts for them.
The first one is a very good option if you cut 5cm from it. In my opinion that is.
I spent so much money in parts and accessories feel like can write a book about them.
Embrace the wind.