Author Topic: Gutted - New Tryes on Order  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
Gutted - New Tryes on Order
« on: July 26, 2015, 02:40:46 pm »
The K16GT comes with Z8 tyres, which really suit the bike. Dead stable at speed and really sticky in the curves. They have done 3,000 miles and still look good but they are prone to going down to the canvas in the centre while the rest looks good. I am off to Colditz Castle soon and don't think I can trust them. I am pretty gutted, but have just ordered a set of Pireli Angel A spec for the trip.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Gutted - New Tryes on Order
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:14:08 pm »
Excellent choice, enjoy. Pirelli will be my next set but in deferent spec fm yours.
Embrace the wind.

Offline jqworle

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Ex K1600GT Sport owner
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:18:55 pm »
At the moment I would have nothing but the Angel GT as my tyre choice, great on the road and great on the track.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:03:34 am »
I've only had Roadsmarts on my R sport but now considering Roadsmart 2s. Has anyone replaced Roadsmart 2s with Angels? If so, are they significantly better?

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 03:15:11 pm »
 :-[

Halfway through our Colditz Tour I got a puncture - about 900 miles in. Fortunately between us all we had a repair kit and an air pump and managed to plug the hole caused by a nail.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 04:25:01 pm »
I've only had Roadsmarts on my R sport but now considering Roadsmart 2s. Has anyone replaced Roadsmart 2s with Angels? If so, are they significantly better?
You wouldn't believe it until you ride with Angels.
Amazing.
Embrace the wind.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 06:41:03 pm »
You wouldn't believe it until you ride with Angels.
Amazing.

In my case I found them amazingly bad and hence why I took them off even earlier than I normally do,even felt guilty selling them  :-[ but each to his own.

Offline AlanK

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600GT (2012 model)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Booster Plug, brake pedal enlarger, side stand enlarger, Bagster tank cover
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 11:59:07 am »
I bought a used 1600GT last month with less than 7K miles - it had just been fitted with replacement BT022s on the front and 021 on the rear. I queried the apparent unusual mix of tyres and the BMW dealer I purchased the bike from assured me that they were on the BMW recommended fitment list. I always considered 021s to be old technology and almost past their sell by date as I replaced them years ago on my previous K1300GT with BT023GTs and I found them to be excellent ( BMW dealer who serviced it always took delight in telling me that the 023s were not on BMWs approved list although I had an email from Bridgestone confirming that they were designed specifically for bike such as the 1300GT and Pan European).
I have a pair of Michelin PR4 GTs to go on the K16 when I return from a trip to Spain in a couple of weeks and expect of 021/2 combination to be needing replaced. I bought the PR4s after a friend raved about the outstanding all weather grip but I have since read very mixed reports about them from other users and on comparison tests. Clearly every rider has differing views on tyres and any scary moments can affect judgement long term! If the Lichelins do not tick my boxes I might give the Angels a try.
Alan