Author Topic: Happy Christmas  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Happy Christmas
« on: December 24, 2020, 08:58:18 pm »
It's a different one this year, but I hope everyone is able to have at least a few smiles and decent food!

I look forward to the 2021 wrinklies :)
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Happy Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 12:02:00 am »
Sure is different. I haven't spent Christmas alone for the last 33 years and while I know there are lots of folks who would feel grateful to have what I have, somehow that makes it all the worse.

I am alive and in these troubled times I am truly happy about that; almost 70,000 Brits are no longer alive with many more yet to leave us. What the global total is I have no idea.

On the bright side, Boris says it is all going to be fantastic. So we have that to look forward to.

I know lots of you are spending this time alone, some for the first time, many because that is what you always do. My thoughts are with you all and I hope that Santa doesn't just try to get down my new log burner flue without testing the temperature first...

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 07:51:19 am »
Brian

Well that sounds a tuff gig on this special day so I wish you well in these very very strange times.

Chris

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 09:23:51 am »
Sure is different. I haven't spent Christmas alone for the last 33 years and while I know there are lots of folks who would feel grateful to have what I have, somehow that makes it all the worse.

I am alive and in these troubled times I am truly happy about that; almost 70,000 Brits are no longer alive with many more yet to leave us. What the global total is I have no idea.

On the bright side, Boris says it is all going to be fantastic. So we have that to look forward to.

I know lots of you are spending this time alone, some for the first time, many because that is what you always do. My thoughts are with you all and I hope that Santa doesn't just try to get down my new log burner flue without testing the temperature first...

I try to remind myself that during the war I had to give up on 5 or 6 Christmases ('39 was alright but Tomothy was in the TA and had been mobilised so we didn't have his singing and someone had turned the old aga into a Hurricane and a dozen Lee Enfields). Hopefully it will only be one or two this time.

Bri my unwanted suggestion is this: make sure you get a bit of fresh air, makes all the difference to my brain, and my brain is pretty special.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 11:59:37 am »
Good health to everyone and have a great New Year, see some of you again at the 2021 wrinklies, Tom
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 04:01:16 pm »
Brian

Well that sounds a tuff gig on this special day so I wish you well in these very very strange times.

Chris

I'm happy to have dodged the bullet so far Chris. Lot's haven't.

The turkey and ham went in my freezer, the four Tesco half-price legs of lamb went in Sheila's. Socially distanced champagne breakfast with my lovely next door neighbours this morning and my almost new log burner is blazing merrily for its first ever Christmas.

We've all got a whole lot to be thankful for and sacrificing one day for many more to come is a bargain in my view.

Planning a half way mulled wine meet up with Sheila to see in the new year in the car park of the Air Balloon at Birdlip. A special occasion in more ways than one because it will probably be the pub's last ever festive season as the new Nettleton by-pass will see it demolished, and it even had to close for that!

Anyone within striking distance welcome; bring your own mulled wine...

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 04:06:44 pm »
We have had our goose and a nice mint spy.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 04:19:33 pm »

We've all got a whole lot to be thankful for and sacrificing one day for many more to come is a bargain in my view.

Agree completely. I'm not seeing either set of parents until they're jabbed twice + 7 days.
Tough love, but at least 2 of the 4 aren't young / fit enough to make it through a bout of Covid.

That lamb will be perfect for Easter, Brian.
Easter is the new Christmas round here!

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2020, 04:42:15 pm »
That was the plan, but we may not be able to have Xmas till Easter and someone has to eat the turkey and the gammon...

At half price, the lamb is perfect for a special weekend. Assuming we are allowed any anytime soon.

Now then, having got rid of the mince pies with Brandy cream and a decent sherry, it's time to get the mini roast in the oven and start on a decent red. Hic!

Stay safe and have a happy festive season one and all.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 04:46:26 pm »
We have also said we will make a big thing of Easter too. It's just one Christmas.