Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 134155 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: K1200S
« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:34 pm »
Inflatable belly pan and a set of paddles or a big knobbly on the rear wheel... 8)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2019, 02:30:42 pm »
Today we have a slightly different version from Eurotunnel:

Free cancellations up to 7 days before your trip
Your Brexit-proof holiday starts here
Do you want to get on and make holiday plans, but feel a little hesitant?
We want to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are Brexit-ready.
Our shuttles will be running as usual throughout the year, whatever form Brexit takes.
When travelling with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, you already benefit from our flexible booking terms:
- You can amend your ticket free of charge up to 24 hours in advance (assuming it’s for the same direction of travel and we have space available)
- With our 24/7 service, if you’re running late, we’ll always get you on the next available crossing*
Now, to go a step further, we’re introducing our new Brexit-proof promise:
- Free cancellations up to 7 days before you travel**, giving you the confidence to plan that long weekend by the beach, or family adventure you’ve been dreaming about
Just book before 28th February for travel between 14th March and 30th September to enjoy this limited-time perk.
We hope this gives you the peace of mind to plan your next adventure with us and look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.
Travel worry-free!
PS Don’t forget to book early to enjoy the best prices!
        Terms and conditions
 Eurotunnel’s Ticket Terms and Conditions apply
**Brexit Offer Terms and Conditions apply

I checked my travel insurance through Lloyds says it will cover me for medical costs so not EHIC but at least its covered. Today at least. Just waiting for the last minute email from them to say oh sorry its not valid.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #437 on: February 19, 2019, 04:53:05 pm »
...or the French to concrete over their end of the tunnel, after all, something like 85% of traffic is Brits 8)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #438 on: February 25, 2019, 08:10:46 pm »

Pinch me it's February.  16C sunshine no traffic. Run up the North coast. 1961 Norton freshly rebuilt outside Sainburys with freshly refreshed oil leaks...Experimenting with Spotwalla.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 04, 2019, 12:17:25 pm »
https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=1cc4a5c7c257779ebd&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

If you look at this link Falmouth to Amsterdam trip you should be able to follow today's progress. Started with a blown rear light bulb. Think it was original but blowing at 5am as i try to leave not great.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #440 on: March 04, 2019, 01:02:32 pm »
You'll have to let us know how to do that, Martin.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 04, 2019, 06:44:27 pm »
If you open the link it should show you a map with a series of points on it. If you click on the point it should open a little splash screen message that contains various bits of information such as speed. If its taken you to a list of trips for some reason open Falmouth to Amsterdam.
I'm still learning how to use this. I have created an ID in Spotwalla.com. Once you've done this you can create trips. Each trip has a link which you can publish/send to your friends if you wish. The Spotwalla map draws gps info from a compatible app on my phone, Spotwalla gives you a few to choose from, I am using Bubbler GPS lite which is free - www.BubblerGPS.com.  There is an more sophisticated version that you need to pay for, but I don't need that (yet). The Bubbler app uploads a location every 15 minutes (or longer , you can set it) which is shown on the map. You can also upload "messages" in the form of icons like fuel stop/food stop etc in addition to the 15 minute uploads.
I'm still learning but its of use to me as I can send SWMBO a link and she can check I'm still moving and OK at any time, and its a bit of fun to see the trip. I also have some ideas of doing Iron Butt runs at some point and Spotwalla is a way of confirming/verifying your locations and times on the run. 591 miles in 10hr 40 inc a hour footling about at Euro Tunnel as they wouldn't let me on an earlier train so 1000 miles in a day looks feasible.

Today on the shuttle I was cuddling the heater to warm up, last time I was on it I had all my gear on the aircon trying to cool it down. Mind you sur le continent c'est beaucoup de soleil et le vent et behind moi

And we passed 87000 miles on the M3 somewhere near Fleet this morning. Yes I know I have a bulb out, its the front sidelight.
The rear light blew as I set off this morning, so I was learning how to change the bulb at 5am under a streetlight. Think it may have been the original, I've never changed it before.

Heres what the B3303 looked like in the sun last week. Did my best to round off the tyres again but the front PR3 is looking and feeling a bit square at 9500 miles

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 11:45:47 am by fjtwelve »

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 05, 2019, 11:50:43 am »
Tip for uploading picture heavy posts. Don't try and do it from your phone on the train or Eurotunnel. Think I edited the above post 4 times whilst trying to upload pictures to imgbb and then copy links to the post. And when you pop out of Eurotunnel or into a train tunnel and lose your connection , you lose all your work.  >:(
Anyone know how to get the BB code for medium sized images other than when uploading?

Offline Lotus26R

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Black K1300S, S1000XR, T100, Duke 390, Elan
« Reply #443 on: March 05, 2019, 12:51:58 pm »
"Mind you sur le continent c'est beaucoup de soleil et le vent et behind moi"

Vous parlez Franglais très bien monsieur!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 05, 2019, 02:10:37 pm »
Neat stuff Martin. Boring as muck journey, but neat tracker.

What determines the interval between the way-points? Distance, time?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:12:23 pm by Phmode »

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 05, 2019, 02:46:58 pm »
The GPS app broadcasts at a fixed interval unless you do a manual upload. I can select down to a minimum interval of 15 minutes with the free version.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 05, 2019, 05:10:07 pm »
Cool. I noticed you were spending long stretches at or just above the national speed limit. I realise you hsve form in this department so I understand your caution if that is what it was.

On the other hand, you never know who is perusing your posted data sets  :o

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 05, 2019, 05:21:22 pm »
 :-X

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2019, 07:48:26 pm »
Today I left home at 5. Arrived at Bristol to be told flight cancelled as wind in wrong direction at Schiphol. Was sent in taxi to Cardiff. Flight was delayed. Currently on train into Amsterdam so will get to flat after about 14.5hours. And I binned easy jet cos of the delays.....

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2019, 07:55:53 pm »
I am sure you wouldn't want them to take off if the conditions are dangerous.  :-\