Author Topic: My "Arty" whisky pic  (Read 16132 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
Re: My "Arty" whisky pic
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 05:43:54 pm »
So, why wouldn't you put water in your whisky? The distillers do; it doesn't come off the still at 40%!

You may like your whisky at 40% or higher but I suggest that you try adding a little water and then nose and taste it again. Hopefully, you will find that you have released notes that you didn't know were there. You may also find that your palate lasts the pace better as spirit at 40% tends to dull it somewhat. 

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 05:56:25 pm »
I think you should do all yer posts in Welsh Steve.

Brian (who doesn't mind how it is spelt as long as it tasted good for a long, long time)

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 06:33:43 pm »
I think you should do all yer posts in Welsh Steve.

Brian (who doesn't mind how it is spelt as long as it tasted good for a long, long time)

yn anffodus ni allaf siarad Cymraeg yn ddigon da i fod yn rhugl :( the joys of an English based education system that actually banned the teaching of Welsh in Welsh schools at one point .... grrrrrr
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 06:36:16 pm »
So, why wouldn't you put water in your whisky? The distillers do; it doesn't come off the still at 40%!

You may like your whisky at 40% or higher but I suggest that you try adding a little water and then nose and taste it again. Hopefully, you will find that you have released notes that you didn't know were there. You may also find that your palate lasts the pace better as spirit at 40% tends to dull it somewhat.

Don't know it just doesn't feel right, for instance I'd not put water in an XO cognac either :). So far I've only liked Lagavulin as I like its potency without the harshness I've found on many whiskies

--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Elite Evil

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 07:04:28 pm »
I think the lagavulin is overpriced. I actually prefer the Jura Prophecy, not as much posing power maybe but another oily peated whisky.

I like harsh whiskys though. Cask strength, undyed (Jura is a pretty bad example being bright orange) and non chill filtered. 8)

Offline Niall

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08 K12GT SE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: More lights than a mod scooter
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2015, 11:36:11 am »

that actually banned the teaching of Welsh in Welsh schools at one point .... grrrrrr

And there is something wrong with that? Vanquished nation mate, you was conquered, that's why there isn't a welsh part in the union flag

Not to mention the pain and suffering that has had to be endured at the hands of welsh rugby
Sospes persantas? Age! Fac ut diem...

Offline Niall

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08 K12GT SE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: More lights than a mod scooter
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 11:38:14 am »
I think the lagavulin is overpriced. I actually prefer the Jura Prophecy, not as much posing power maybe but another oily peated whisky.

I like harsh whiskys though. Cask strength, undyed (Jura is a pretty bad example being bright orange) and non chill filtered. 8)

And there you've just shown that we all have different tastes and likes, and find what sort of whiskey works for us.

I don't like the peaty taste, so generally stick with speys or Glen Kinchie, and look for a darker colour than the yellow of American oak casks
Sospes persantas? Age! Fac ut diem...

Offline CC Mac

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K 1200 R SPORT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ohlins front and rear, Black Laminar screen , grip puppies, adjustable brake and clutch levers, Phillips extreme vision bulbs,.
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 07:09:27 pm »
Even the Welsh have to speak English in a Chinese chip shop.
Watchin you Focker

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2015, 03:49:27 pm »
There's English and there's English of course ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9iR6sLwDKY

--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2015, 04:32:45 pm »
Thick as the proverbial brick, and to think our future is in their hands. Very worrying. :-[

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 10:03:18 am »
But we, like, are so close to Jupiter here in England on the outer arm of the Solar System, like, I mean, it is sooooo huge in my big scope and that means it must be reeeely close like.

Brian (who thinks her teachers are to blame, like)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »
Need an update on a good new brand preferably single malt
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 03:25:03 pm »
Currently wading my way through a Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold  8) A lovely gift from a lovely friend.

'From Scotland's highest and coldest distillery comes a whisky distilled in winter for a smooth, heather honeyed taste.'

'Chill a bottle of Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold in the freezer and let this rich, golden whisky reveal its smooth, honeyed character as it warms in the mouth.'

Drinking it cold is a new experience for me, I don't usually do water and never ice!

Offline CC Mac

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K 1200 R SPORT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ohlins front and rear, Black Laminar screen , grip puppies, adjustable brake and clutch levers, Phillips extreme vision bulbs,.
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 03:28:38 pm »
Benromach 10
Watchin you Focker

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 04:57:18 pm »
Not availiable here am afraid but thanks for quick reply, am running fast out of stock and in top of all my daughter gets married to a guy that appreciates a good scotch, like  is not enough  that takes my girl,  drinks my whisky I must present to enjoy too.
Embrace the wind.