Author Topic: K1300S  (Read 50018 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1300S
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2019, 08:27:20 am »
Yep I used the vacuum cleaner too

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2019, 10:34:43 am »
If you are fussy. you can stuff a rag in the filler tube below where you intend to make the hole to catch any swarf.

Had the wife with the vacuum on the go with the pipe close to where I drilled the hole just make sure their were no hiccups dropping into the tank.

Just like going to the dentist.  :-X

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2019, 11:24:28 am »
You must have a very sharp screwdriver or an exceptional push. Make sure you go low enough too
Just a standard flat blade screwdriver. Use it like a bradle. It is only plastic.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2019, 11:37:16 am »
 ;D see, they serve a purpose. And they are experts with the vacumm cleaner not like us .
After so many years now still hesitate to do that mode.
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2019, 03:02:15 pm »
If you are fussy. you can stuff a rag in the filler tube below where you intend to make the hole to catch any swarf.

Had the wife with the vacuum on the go with the pipe close to where I drilled the hole just make sure their were no hiccups dropping into the tank.

Chris the last time i saw that done must be 20 years ago and after the vacuum
 cleaner was full of petrol vapour it exploded, there were pieces of the cleaner landing over 50 Mts away  ??? ;D ;D

Mind you, I see you did the wise thing and got the wife to hold the cleaner  ;D ;D  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 03:26:39 pm by TomK1300s »
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2019, 03:49:08 pm »
Tom

Have to say the thought of just bodging a hole through the plastic has more to do with a dark side of your subconscious  :)

Re fumes oh yes i’ve Been round the block more than once hence the rag jammed in the hole as well  ;)

I’ve done 3 bikes now but the first was my 1100s and you sure as hell won’t bodging a hole in such as it’s metal so the drill option is just a carry on from that.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 04:52:34 pm »
And thanks to daveg208 recommendation, I now have led dip and nearside main, with a halfords 50% brighter in the outer main, as fitted to all of the k12 lights. See how we get on.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2020, 02:45:44 pm »
Apart from the horrendous vibration on your K12, the one big thing I remember from my test ride to the pub and back was how VERY low you had your headlight set.

I know that that was many years and 70,000 miles ago but I certainly couldn't see where I was going on it in the dark. One assumes you have raised it considerably since then  8)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2020, 04:18:16 pm »
Eat more carrots....
It's just been MOT'd and I think they fiddled with it again. Tbh I rarely get the chance to need the lights,  I'm normally fighting the traffic in both directions so following a line of red lights or looking for my sunglasses for the oncoming dazzles. Mind you if the set of LEDs I put in the k13 works out I'll probably go and buy another 2 sets so all 6 lamps are LED. I fell off once at the top of Fish Hill because I got blinded by oncoming headlights and hit the gravel. Revenge is a dish best served cold they say....

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2020, 06:37:27 pm »
Thanks to a tip off from richtea I entered and just won the Ebay auction for a Bagster tank harness in motorsport colours for about a third of new price. Good start to the year then😁

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2020, 07:18:31 pm »
Woo hoo - result! Well done Martin.

When you fit it, please can you take a pic so we can see if it's a decent fit & colour match.
I'm down to my last BMW tank bag (sourced from the US because German prices are kerr-a-zee), so I may need a Baglux in 2/3 years .

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2020, 08:31:20 pm »
And after a lot of searching I have finally found the Datatag number. I'd discovered a partially worn Datatag sticker under the seat, but not the one with the register number on it. After a few emails and calls Datatag said they were happy I was the new owner and the bike was on their system, but needed me to give them the number off the bike and at the second attempt sent me a little UV light to search for it. After pratting about in the dark this evening in the shed I finally found it. Just too late for me to see if I'd get a discount on my insurance renewal (yesterday morning). I suppose Bennetts will charge me as much for amending my policy as I will get as a discount anyway. This years premium for 2 bikes and the full package of helmet leathers recovery ambulance chasers etc was £338. Given that I'd added 10k worth of bike and 2k of helmet clothing new boots and panties to last years alleged 3k of bike, a 25 quid increase was reasonable I thought.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2020, 09:23:55 pm »
A pic?? Fill yer boots

So here, dodging the (hail) showers is the K13 with the ebay won tankbag harness. Its Bagster model 1498S

It didn't fit as nicely as the K12 on which was new when fitted, but the K12 one has been on 4 or 5 years now and is moulded to me and the tank I suppose

Struggled getting the straps into a sensible position around the steering head, bit of fishing with hooky bits of wire where my boilermakers fingers won't go,  but they are pretty much where the K12 ones are now

The colour match seems better in stronger light but we've been a bit short of that recently, otherwise it seems a little yellow. See what UV does to it, and I am little apprehensive about how its going to stay white, not covered in sh1te

The side panels seem to lack the ability to mould under the shape of the tank like the K12 one, not sure if the K12 has a bit of metal inside to hold the shape, but we'll see what happens when we get a few miles in

Looks alright from here anyway

Neither the K13 nor the K12 cover fits very well to the side panel where it runs below the seat. There is a little more material on the K13 to tuck into the gaps, but they are both a little short to tuck in at the rear end of the panel. Again I think a bit of use may help

The K12 was still carrying the debris from last weeks run up to the midlands, taking these photos in the first bit of non gale force wind for 4 or 5 days made me go and clean it. Lost a bit more paint off the front forks, I think they may need to be dismantled and painted this summer
I then tried to take some pics to show the difference between LED and Halogen+50% but failed. It'll have to wait until I go out in the dark

gibbo

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2020, 10:05:20 pm »
Nice Martin. Looks a treat.

By the way, how many miles on the 12 now?

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2020, 11:07:19 pm »
Approaching 97k now, hopefully turn the 100k this year. Maybe I can time it for the wrinklies run