Author Topic: Autocom  (Read 5847 times)

Offline billski

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300r
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Carbon seat cowell, exhaust shield, battery cover, front mud guard, rear hugger, power commander AC schnitzer bar conversion
Autocom
« on: May 15, 2016, 03:04:18 pm »
I took the Autocom off my old GS and want to fit it to my K1300R, trouble is, i can seem to find any space where to put the Autocom box. Any one got one fitted, if so where do i put the box.

Offline kennyc

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200GT 2008
Re: Autocom
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:28:45 pm »
on my GT its fitted under the seat, is the R a lot different ?

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 08:09:16 pm »
Less space availiable obviously.
Try under the right or left rear plastic sections.
Embrace the wind.

Offline billski

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300r
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Carbon seat cowell, exhaust shield, battery cover, front mud guard, rear hugger, power commander AC schnitzer bar conversion
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 08:09:01 am »
Don't seem to be a place for it, looks like i will have to go down the bluetooth route  >:(

howlindawg

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 10:01:40 pm »
I have an Autocom fitted under the LHS side panel of my K1300S; no space issues.

On the K1200S I fitted the autocom under the LHS panel and the Bike-2-Bike gubbins under the RHS panel but since I don't instruct any more I didn't bother with the radio on the K13 yet.

Another option might be in a tank bag (as shown in the image below) using the Powerlet for 12V.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:41:38 am by howlindawg »

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 11:06:29 pm »
If I saw that I'd think it were a bomb  :-\

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 08:31:58 am »
Cut the red on the left side looking at the bomb and it would be disabled. ::)
Can we still right such a word ?       ;D
Embrace the wind.

howlindawg

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 10:13:17 am »
I'll make a mental note not to leave it parked near Old Trafford. ;)

If I saw that I'd think it were a bomb  :-\

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 10:58:25 am »
Cut the red on the left side looking at the bomb and it would be disabled. ::)
Can we still right such a word ?       ;D

Red! Or Black?

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 11:23:08 am »
 :(
Still looking to find the code list, fount the car list (if someone needs it, its availiable) and it's a huge one but the damn motorrad is no where to be found, old pc is now under investigation.
 >:(
Embrace the wind.

howlindawg

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 10:49:44 am »
I was asked to post some pics of the Autocom install on my K13.

The Autocom box is installed under the LHS tail section.

The pillion cable exits by the rear grab handle and the rider cable exits below the left tank panel.

The image in my earlier post shows the Autocom mounted in a tank bag; an arrangement I found convenient when using multiple bikes. The tank bag was lined entirely in a Velcro type material so I could just 'stick' the autocom and radio in place.

When mounted the bag looked like this and was powered from the accessory socket.

hope that helps,
Martin
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:58:28 am by howlindawg »

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 11:50:05 am »
Exactly the place recomented.  Nit work, may I ask what is the a tank bag? Looks nice.
Embrace the wind.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 11:52:53 am »
I thought the tank bag looked natty too

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 12:01:27 pm »
Bear in mind that Bill is trying to fit his Autocom to an R, which seems to have a paucity of stowage. We S and GT owners seem quite well off for permanent stowage by comparison.

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »
The wonderful barn. And the moto  Léim ar Aghaidh, much appropriate for a K rider. Don't you agree Martin?
Embrace the wind.