Author Topic: Plans for 2019  (Read 2759 times)

Coully

Plans for 2019
« on: January 15, 2019, 06:49:45 pm »
So, having bought the K12 , the master plan is to do a bit of 2 up running about , culminating in the NC 500 ...provided i'm nae bankrupted by it ....the bike that is.

Fits a'body else's plans for this year on their bikes

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: Plans for 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:24:51 am »
Pick up me new Kawasaki H2 SX SE in March and find out if it really is better than my old K1300S by commuting 600 miles a week and doing the Old Gits trip to the Dolomites in June. :D

Try and get my old R100CS on the road for spring.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:11:30 am »
Turn the garage into a usable and secure place for the bike - namely automated new garage door, better back door, maybe turntable affair etc. Add completely legal semi-lethal twoc-dissuasion devices of my own design. Go to prison.

Get new bike. Though having just had the first two days of riding this year, i'm obviously besotted with mine again...

Need to get back over the channel this year, even if it's only a bit of Belgium'ing.

Try and realise money isn't the only target!

Ok that's about it. Maybe run a bit.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:53:21 am »
I have had plans for 2019 since about last october  ;D
April I am off to France with the Duffers, that's a four day trip visiting Boulogne, Deauville and Douai.
June is the Wrinlies trip, details here https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=3419.0
September is the Sewells in Euroland, we are off to France and Italy this year, visiting Reims, Besancon, Aosta, Dongo, Parma, Florence riding the Futa Pass, Arenzano, Gap, Roanne, Dijon, Epernay and then back home for a rest  :)

Melanie has some holiday in June but we haven't planned anything yet, I'll get a round tuit soon.
So I'll be putting in a fair few miles this year, as usual.  ;)

Coully

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 10:49:25 am »
Pick up me new Kawasaki H2 SX SE in March and find out if it really is better than my old K1300S by commuting 600 miles a week and doing the Old Gits trip to the Dolomites in June. :D

Try and get my old R100CS on the road for spring.

600 a week  :o

Coully

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 10:51:23 am »
Turn the garage into a usable and secure place for the bike - namely automated new garage door, better back door, maybe turntable affair etc. Add completely legal semi-lethal twoc-dissuasion devices of my own design. Go to prison.

Get new bike. Though having just had the first two days of riding this year, i'm obviously besotted with mine again...

Need to get back over the channel this year, even if it's only a bit of Belgium'ing.

Try and realise money isn't the only target!

Ok that's about it. Maybe run a bit.

Love an automated garage door....you feel like batman if you can set it off as you pull towards it ...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 11:10:18 am »
Love an automated garage door....you feel like batman if you can set it off as you pull towards it ...

...and feel like a complete twonk next morning when you realise you didn't hit the close button as you walked away from it and your crown jewels have been on full view to one and all, all night long  :o

I've only done it about a dozen times since it was installed this time last year.

Not exactly a big deal in my dark and dingy neck of the woods but in Reading... 8)

So, this year I plan on rigging up a simple micro-switch and LED so I can see from indoors whether the garage door is secure or not.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 11:33:35 am »
So far:-
  • Moffat in April
  • Black Forest in May
  • Iceland in July

Will include shakedown run for Iceland in Wales.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 02:09:56 pm »

...and feel like a complete twonk next morning when you realise you didn't hit the close button as you walked away from it and your crown jewels have been on full view to one and all, all night long  :o

I've only done it about a dozen times since it was installed this time last year.

Not exactly a big deal in my dark and dingy neck of the woods but in Reading... 8)

So, this year I plan on rigging up a simple micro-switch and LED so I can see from indoors whether the garage door is secure or not.

Sorry Bri, what make/model of garage door etc did you go for please? :) My research never ends!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 05:34:02 pm »
Aluroll Classic Roller...

https://arridgegaragedoors.co.uk/aluroll-classic-insulated-automatic-roller-garage-door-

...with plip opening, alarm and anti-jack mechanism.

Fully fitted by Paul's Doors of Hereford, £1,600. Old door and frame removed and disposed of, piers made good, mechanism fitted on inside face etc. etc.

It has a safety edge on the bottom so if it hits you or the bike (mine did when I forgot I hadn't put it away) it stops and reverses slightly. This is much better than the radio wave 'mesh' system that stops the door if you try to get out while it is closing.

This is one of Aluroll's 'Secure by Design' doors which counts for a lot in the security world.

Of course, it doesn't stop the tea leaves taking the new garage roof off and shimmying in that way; that's what the alarm system is for  8)

I was going to get an ebay special, fitted for £700, but when the guy came and showed me what you get, I decided I needed their £1,200 version. When Paul came round and showed me the Aluroll and gave me the quote for £1,600 I ripped his arm off. Then I had to  lend him a hand to install it..ba boom!

Offline steviejuk

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Ex K1300S now R1250RS
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 08:55:44 am »
Passau area in Bavaria in May - a meander to and from Orta San Guilo in July - id like to get to the Bol, but may not be this year.

Offline Lotus26R

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Black K1300S, S1000XR, T100, Duke 390, Elan
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 03:27:00 pm »
I have a tour of the Pico's, Santiago de Compostela and Northern Portugal planned for the first three weeks of May. I'll be on the K and my better half will be piloting an F800GT on her first European event.

Cribbed a lot of our excursions from the Ride guides and hopefully got the balance of distance/recovery time about right. Mainly one night stop-overs with longer stays in Santander, Chaves & Covilha.

Minimum mileage is 1800 with mountain rides taking it anywhere up to 3100.

Should be fun.