Author Topic: I SO hate music when driving...  (Read 524 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
I SO hate music when driving...
« on: September 09, 2022, 11:02:32 pm »
...so, I finally found out how to stop random music popping up on my sat nav whilst riding. I hope...

There is a feature called auto play that you can turn off, but my iPhone SE doesn't seem to have this feature so I can't blame that.

So, I don't know what causes random music or even the random appearance of the music player on my sat nav screen but it appears that there is a way to stop it. Simply delete the music app. But that also loses all your music, which is a bummer because I love playing music through my Bose speaker when relaxing in the summer house, or working under the car or decorating the ceiling, just NOT while in control of a lethal machine at speed.

However, there is another way. You can 'offload' the music app (and other apps I guess) which stops it working but keeps all the music you have on your device.

Settings > General > IPhone Storage > Music

You have two options, Offload App or Delete App.

Once offloaded the music ghost should never appear again. When I want to play music, I can go back and the Offload App has turned to Reinstall App and clicking on it does just that and takes no time at all.

Alternatively, simply click on the music icon and it will automatically reload the app and all your music is still there.

Simples! And hopefully, blissful silence apart from the sound of the music of my tyres, engine, the wind and the nagging of the sat nav.

I'll let you know if it works.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: I SO hate music when driving...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 10:13:42 am »
Give me 5 minutes with the Garmin and... we'll be riding in circles :D
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: I SO hate music when driving...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 10:36:27 am »
I find it much easier ...

"Hey Cardo, music on"

:winkthumbs:
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org