Author Topic: Hello from London!  (Read 3401 times)

Offline heatherdrift

• View Profile
Hello from London!
« on: April 28, 2015, 11:32:27 am »
Hi, I joined the old style eurokclub.com last Sept and have just reregistered for this site.

I have had my 2011 K1300S since Oct 2012 and can't fault it, except for the "chugging" issue detailed on another thread that the dealers can't seem to identify!! Bike is totally standard in silver with ESA, trip computer, heated grips, tyre pressure monitor etc.etc...

Usually use for commuting and the odd longer trip, plus 3 France trips a year.  Took it to Spain a couple of years ago, rode from Santander to Portugal across the Picos, fantastic tour and highly recommend anyone to give it a go.

Willem

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Hello from London!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »
Welcome Willem. Good to have you on board.

A few of us on this site are off to the Picos in June with The Old Gits.  http://www.old-gits.org/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:45:52 pm by TomL »
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 03:40:34 pm »
Hello Willem
welcome to the forum, thank you for putting you location in your profile it make keeping the members map up to date so much easier  ;D ;)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 04:06:10 pm »
Hi again Willem glad to see you on board the new ship K.

Spent quite a few trips to the Picos area fantastic base to explore that brilliant part of northern Spain.

Cheers,

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 04:25:02 pm »
Hi and welcome again Willem!

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 04:39:26 pm »
Hello Willem,
Not long had the k1300s, but love it  ;D ;D. Heading off to Picos on the 23rd of May. Travelling down to Portsmouth from Peterhead and pick up another 5 mates on way down. Been on Google Maps a few times and plotted some routes. Would it be possible to give me some pointers as to what routes are best. We are going to be based in Llanes. Only one of the guys has been round here before.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mark Barbour

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 04:44:57 pm »
The official greeting is welcome to the madhouse, so welcome aboard.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 05:31:40 pm »
Nuff said!

Brian  ;D

Offline heatherdrift

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 05:42:00 pm »
Mab1067, good to hear about your Picos trip, very jealous. Was supposed to be going again this year in October but have a pregnant wife so probably not the best timing!

There are two main routes across the Picos, the N621 and the N625. We preferred the 621 as the roads are more open but if you have time do them both!

Have a good trip. It is definitely the best bike for those roads.

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 08:33:19 pm »
Hi Willem,
We were looking at doing that loop of both roads in one day?? Are we being a bit optimistic there?? Only 160 miles. I appreciate there are some twistys etc but we should manage in a day surely?? Any advice would be good.
Mark Barbour

Offline heatherdrift

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 10:15:10 pm »
If the weather is good you should have no problems. Very jealous!

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 10:27:02 am »
And don't forget the cable car ride at Fuente De then some scoff at the Parador down below, magic.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!