Author Topic: Cubo Moto - Huddersfield  (Read 2689 times)

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
Cubo Moto - Huddersfield
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:59:15 am »
Credit where due and all that...

Just wanted to leave some notes re:independent Cubo Moto of Huddersfield.

Thanks to this forum - and a little weight issue with the 12GT - I had my mind set on swapping to a K13S. I also wanted to do this in a hurry with riding season here.. I spied a K13S they had for a while and moved when they dropped the price a little.

I agreed a part-ex deal over the phone for my old K1200GT which was a good deal for me both ways round and went for it - remotely - never having seen the bike but having chatted to them at length about history etc.

Delivery was quick and easy even though I live in Sussex - bike came down within a week!

When the day came the 13 was true to their description. I knew (guessed - having seen the bikes history) that it will have been looked after - and had been over serviced through its life. Good for me!

The physical trade-in was fine with no issues - though the orange warning light on the 12GT caused a moments grief (on because it was down to its reserve!). But really - absolutely no issues with the trade in and backing the deal they'd done via email, phone and photos. Easy Peasy.

However : a week or so in and on my first proper ride noticed a heated grip wasn't working :-( Covered by their warranty - but of course this could have been tricky with the remoteness of Huddersfield and some dealers being poor with service/follow-up.

As it happen : no worries though. Called Cubo and agreed to get a local bike shop to sort it as my BM dealership is a distance away.

Checking in with my local boys after the problem was sorted and my local bike shop were very happy with Cubo - very easy to deal with and no issues or quibbles paying rapidly for the fix. Sounds like not all dealers are so easy but my local boys were singing their praises.

Since the bike was in I also asked my boys to check out the bike and give me their opinion - and the verdict was very positive and reassuring.

So there you have it! You can trust these guys even if doing a remote deal. And should you have an issue they will sort it pronto and will be good to your local bike shop if they do the fix.

The only trouble now is the growing list of things to do... fender extender... HID... thinking about helibars but I'll give that some time...
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Cubo Moto - Huddersfield
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:28:49 pm »
Nice one and I applaud you fortaking the trouble to sing their praises  ;D

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Cubo Moto - Huddersfield
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 07:53:41 pm »
Nice one and I applaud you fortaking the trouble to sing their praises  ;D
Will add my applauds and comments as above.
Embrace the wind.