Author Topic: New Section, What did you do to your bike today.  (Read 4397 times)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
New Section, What did you do to your bike today.
« on: April 09, 2015, 10:56:57 pm »
I would like to suggest that we have a "What did you do to your bike today" section.

To start the ball rolling, today I changed the oil in the final drive and greased the roller bearings in the rear suspension dog link.

The only place that I could buy the correct oil was from my local BMW dealer where a litre costs a ridiculous £21.80. At least that will do for five oil changes which is probably longer than what the final drive will last before it requires new bearings. While I was in the process of rotating the final drive through ninety degrees to drain the oil it made sense to grease the rollers in the rear suspension dog link. One of the bearings was already showing signs of brinelling. The rotation of the pivot bush should present another surface to brinell.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: New Section, What did you do to your bike today.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 08:15:11 am »
+1

Mine has developed the dreaded squeak so that's a job for another day.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:59:27 am »
And mine sits in the garage looking at me and wanted to install that self adhesive carbon look sticker but the weather is terrible. More like December than April.
ooo forgot today a big day. Gone the F800ST (2007/70000kms) welcome PIAGGIO CARNABY 300ie (2012/15000kms) an exchange with no cost to neither parties.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 10:55:25 am »
I lay on the ground staring at some suspicious wet patches under my bike on the newly cleaned brick setts!

Turned out to be coolant dripping from the vent pipe onto the undertray then tracking forwards before dripping off in three places.

Dealer can't explain it, the coolant is at the correct level after its service last month so I'm baffled. Wiped it off, gave it a good thrashing for an hour or so and this morning it is spotless!

Brian (who thinks the evil fairies get under the cover in the night)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 11:24:49 am »
Opened the garage, looked at it, thought about giving it a really god clean, then thought better of it and went and mowed the lawns instead.

I know I am a very sad person.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline WOK13EE

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT EE
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 11:34:04 am »
Moved mine from my paved front garden to neighbours paved area.  Then jet washed the paving which is semi eco; no cement between the joints which means some rainwater runs to ground.

Sad?  Sad does not get near it.

BD
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that we learn nothing from the lessons of history

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 12:31:52 pm »
This was a suggestion not the topic  ;D ;D ;D ::)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 12:50:06 pm »
Rode from London to Falmouth

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 01:36:26 pm »
And a very welcomed suggestion indeed.
Embrace the wind.