Author Topic: New to me Bike  (Read 760 times)

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
New to me Bike
« on: May 01, 2024, 08:33:38 am »
As you may have read in another thread my black 2013 FJR is probably going to be written off. So I have found a replacement 2015 Red FJR. The dealer has posted a video which is worth a watch as he is a bit comical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0L0sGU5ChE&ab_channel=TheRealToyShop

It looks to be in mint condition. I am going to see it later today. I'll keep you posted.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: New to me Bike
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 02:11:12 pm »
Does sound/look good! I'd love to watch one of these professional cleaners. I was reading about what it takes to import a bike to NZ and the levels of clean are scary, but the people exist who'll do it!

Good luck Rae :) I hope it meets expectations.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Online GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 02:35:54 pm »
Looks exceptional for the mileage. I've always had low mileage bikes but my Audi A8 has done 176k miles now and a friend of mine has a Range Rover with 270k miles on it. Can honestly say higher mileage has never bothered me. I'd rather have a well looked after, higher mileage vehicle that has spent its life going up/down decent roads than a low mileage, thrashed city bike that has been used for short journeys any day of the week.

He seems to think it is an FJR1200 at 00:40 despite pointing the camera at the 1300 badge!  :D

Guessing you've been to look at it by now Rae so please let us know how long it took you to ride home on it!  ;)

-=Glyn=-

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 04:45:27 pm »
I am now the proud owner of a very nice Red Yamaha FJR 1300A 2015 model. The Red FJRs are a pretty rare beast as there was only ever one container load brought into the UK in around September 2014. So now I have owned two of them, I hope I can keep this one shiny side up.
I had to take Melanie's car to view the bike so I was unable to ride it home and apart from that it needs an MOT which I am sure it will sail through. I am awaiting a delivery date. I have just added it to my existing insurance policy. This is the first time I have owned two bikes at the same time.

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 05:31:54 pm »
Wow, what a lovely looking bike.  :thumbsup:

Online GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 05:47:44 pm »
Congrats Rae…aren’t you suffering from withdrawal symptoms from not being able to ride it home?  ;)

Countdown to delivery has commenced…enjoy!

-=Glyn=-

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 07:04:32 pm »
I must say, even though it isn't a K, it looks like a very nice bike that I wouldn't mind at all. Well done.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 07:39:29 pm »
That's a pretty smart looking bike and the colour is excellent.   :thumbsupgood:
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 08:08:35 pm »
Very nice! Wonder why they didn't bring more in?
It's like grey cars - why? Who goes 'Hmmm, I need a new car. But it's got to be grey.'  ???

And look at that intelligent radiator position/design - blanked at the bottom by using the belly pan.

You've really fallen on your feet - so to speak.  :o

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 08:40:35 pm »
They only reason they brought the red ones in at all was because of pressure and pester power from the Owners club. So just to keep them quiet they brought in one container load. The UK red ones are slightly different to the USA ones in as much as the side panels on the USA ones are silver and the UK ones are red and I must say I prefer the UK spec, the USA one look a bit odd with a silver side panel.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2024, 09:56:49 pm »
Really? You bought it? After all the rubbishy things you said about it on the phone this morning?

Nice buy my friend. Nice buy. It was written in the sand, it was meant to be yours.

So Glen, what is your next bike going to be?

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2024, 10:08:00 pm »
I know I said I would take a look while I was waiting to be fleeced at Motolegends but I wasn't kept waiting more than 2 coffees.

That is a stunning looking bike Rae and knowing how much you love your FJRs I just know that you will love it to bits...and for any naysayers, in the real world the FJR is every bit as capable as the K. On the limit, er, well, but how often do any of us go there?

Next time, just ride as tail end Charlie, way safer imho.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2024, 06:53:20 am »
Just renewed my multi bike policy,and having also recently bought a yamaha was dreading having to add it to the list and to say there are some tricks of the trade is an understatement,oh which yamaha?? An MT10 😳

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2024, 09:11:18 am »
I know I said I would take a look while I was waiting to be fleeced at Motolegends but I wasn't kept waiting more than 2 coffees.

That is a stunning looking bike Rae and knowing how much you love your FJRs I just know that you will love it to bits...and for any naysayers, in the real world the FJR is every bit as capable as the K. On the limit, er, well, but how often do any of us go there?

Next time, just ride as tail end Charlie, way safer imho.
I am thinking of taking your advice about being TEC, that is twice now that one of my mates have run into the back of me  :o ??? ::)
Maybe I should just ride on my own but then you run the risk of being hit in the rear by a stranger. At least if a mate hits you they stand up to be counted. Or at least mine did.

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2024, 09:23:42 am »
With mates like yours, may I suggest an additional huge brake light, you know, one of those things that flashes. :)