Author Topic: Old Gits 2017 - Provence, France - 3/June/17 to 11/June/17  (Read 7057 times)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: Old Gits 2017 - Provence, France - 3/June/17 to 11/June/17
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 08:06:07 am »
Spare place now taken. We're back to 27 people.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 09:40:29 am »
Just a couple of days to go. Getting excited to say the least. :D

Looking forward to catching up with those from here who are joining us in Gap. 8)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 10:36:48 am »
Just a final update to close this thread down. I will be updating the Old Gits web site with both the trip blog and lots of pictures in the near future, but we had a brilliant time with superb roads and excellent weather. We had 1 minor off through a little too much front brake on a steep downhill hairpin and one breakdown that resulted in a bike being recovered home.

Although there were 27 people on the trip, and thus staying in one hotel for the best part of a week, everyone got on with everyone else. Ride out groups tended to be arranged either the night before over a beer or each morning over breakfast. Ride out groups were generally between 3 and 6 people and offered a variety of different alternatives of routes, destination, purpose and pace.

Bikes ranged from an Indian Chief, through a K1600GT to a S1000RR and a FireBlade but no one was noticeably out classed, out paced or out handled by anyone else yet all the chicken strips took a pretty hefty beating and some serious fun was had by all.

Evenings were generally spent enjoying meals and beers in the main square in Gap, again with the main group splitting into smaller groups to to visit different restaurants/bars. The party animals spent a number of late evenings/early mornings frequenting the local night clubs while the "boring brigade" opted for a slightly earlier night ready for an early start in the morning.

Everyone was so impressed with the number of superb roads and stunning views that there was agreement to return to the same area next year. Almost time to start planning!

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 11:00:31 am »
Is there to be an update on the Old Gits website??
Mark Barbour

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 01:35:59 pm »
Is there to be an update on the Old Gits website??

Yes, I'll do an update on the Old Gits web site soon. I could make excuses about bandwidth issues on my broadband, my 150 mile per day commute, my family commitments etc. but the fact is that I just don't seem to get the spare time at home that I used to so the site has fallen a little (a lot!!!) behind. I'll consider my wrist slapped and get the updates done!!!

The 2017 trip to the Haute Alpes and Provence regions of France were such a success we're back there again in 2018. We had 27 people last year and it already looks like we'll make 30 this year (which will be the limit). Even if only 75% of those saying their coming actually come then we'll still be over subscribed! The trip will happen between Sat 16/Jun to Sun 24/Jun but note that it will be fist come, first served once I open up to taking bookings.

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 03:22:14 pm »
No problems there and totally understand.
Was mainly looking so i could see dates and if available.

Mark Barbour