Author Topic: Managed to cause a hot no start  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Ady00

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300r
Re: Managed to cause a hot no start
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2021, 05:31:05 pm »
Wasn't that the one that Henry Cole took the Harley electric bike over?

Looked fun for adventure/small bikes. Don't know about the K though.

And on thread-topic  Hot start wiring fix. I think there is an aftermarket option as well. Or just make up your own if you're handy.  Or don't worry about it if it only happens once in a blue moon.

Mines a 2015 version with all upgrades allegedly, I’m not convinced I don’t need to improve things, I know weather wise it was hot but it wasn’t south of France/ Spain hot so if it’s starting to struggle in Blighty something will need to be done, yes Rae I hear your thoughts😁
Light travels faster than the speed of sound that’s why some people appear bright until they speak.

Offline Ady00

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 05:35:03 pm »
Agreed - mine kicks in earlier than any other bike too. However, it starts from hot now the loom mod has been done.
But check the battery is good first, Ady, before spending.

Yes will do Rich, was your wiring mod the BMW version of one made by someone who knows what they are doing?
Light travels faster than the speed of sound that’s why some people appear bright until they speak.

Offline Ady00

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2021, 05:37:04 pm »
You know what to do to fix it Ade  ;D

Yes I do like FJR’s Rae 😁
I meant get the extra wiring loom not change bikes  ;D

Yeh right 😂😂😂

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 06:48:27 pm »
Agreed - mine kicks in earlier than any other bike too. However, it starts from hot now the loom mod has been done.
But check the battery is good first, Ady, before spending.

Yes will do Rich, was your wiring mod the BMW version of one made by someone who knows what they are doing?
BMW North Oxford under warranty in effect - i.e. less than 3 years old and I bent their ear since it stopped in a dangerous place.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2021, 05:39:34 pm »
A lion battery would have prevented this. As for the fan the crude used in the roads there is the culpable and soon a new radiator would be needed.
Embrace the wind.