Author Topic: Tyre time again  (Read 5699 times)

Offline farmer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1200rs, k1300s
Re: Tyre time again
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 05:05:19 pm »
are there mind games going on here...i'm getting a sore head trying to arrange some of these words into a sentence...
i think whats going on...and correct me if i'm wrong as you all usually do, chriscanning dosn't want to discuss his tyre prices...but does want to discuss general tyre prices. fair enough but i would have thought the "fellowship of the forum" would be a good place to give an idea of best price to the members who are in general helpful to each other, we all have our areas where we have specific info which may one day be just what someone else needs. i forget what i paid for my tyres but i could look it up...and would, i do however remember leaving them in to be fitted and coming home with three nice lumps of paint off my rear rim, he's named on here, not to get at him, but other members here helped me and i thought it only fair to give them the heads up.
fitting your own tyres is pretty simple ...just take your time and use a couple of rags on the tyre irons, that's what i'm back doing.
that is the end of todays sermon.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2021, 07:19:12 pm »
are there mind games going on here...i'm getting a sore head trying to arrange some of these words into a sentence...

Haha me too man, me too. But the main thing is almost everyone is paying too much for their tyres. And they should feel bad. Especially me and Rich who are probably winning in stimulating the local economy :D.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 11:26:47 am »
It's a lovely ride down to Micheldever Matt. Over to Baughurst, down through Kingsclere and the twisties south of Overton are excellent. And even better on the way back.

I never had a cause for concern with their tyre bay guys, all bikers with good knowledge and great care.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 12:22:31 pm »
It's a lovely ride down to Micheldever Matt. Over to Baughurst, down through Kingsclere and the twisties south of Overton are excellent. And even better on the way back.

I never had a cause for concern with their tyre bay guys, all bikers with good knowledge and great care.

Ah yes! I recall taking one of the K bikes to them once! Was indeed a nice ride over that way :). The guy was nice enough to remind me about the leaves all over the apron as well as the normal "remember new tyres have cat grease on them" line :).

Don't let me forget about Micheldelver next time round! :P
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2021, 05:57:06 pm »

Baughurst. I think that's probably the first time I've ever seen Baughurst in any thread. Ever. Not just in EuroK.
I used to walk home from Baughurst every day from 7-11 years. 1.1 miles was a bloody long way for little legs. Across the county line - Hants -> Berks. Parental abuse I'd call it. Or neglect. Probably why I like cycling and thus motorbikes.

Micheldever are good, I agree. They own my local car tyre place.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 10:59:15 am »
They own Bathwick Tyres in Glos. as well. And they fitted the wrong tyres to the car last year  :adolf:

Appearances and all that.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 04:28:38 pm »
The saga continues. The front tyre turned up today, unfortunately it was the Angel GT non "A" so I sent an email to make sure they didn't make the same mistake with the rear. After a quick phone call to a pleasant young lady in Germany they are picking up the the wrong tyre on Monday and because we couldn't determine stock of the "A" variant I cancelled the whole order and being as they had not charged my card yet the search starts again. I may have to capitulate and go for the Angel GT II "A"

C'est la bleedin' vie as they say  :-\

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 05:00:40 pm »
All write ups suggest that the II is as good as the original Pirelli Angel GT.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 05:10:44 pm »
I'm sure it is Tom, the GT was more tyre than I could handle and they have dropped in price now the IIs are out. I have since had a conversation with a guy at M & P and they don't have a front in stock but will order it for me and it now means I can get a front and rear Angel GT (A) for 190 quid. Happy days, fingers crossed.

Offline farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2021, 02:41:48 pm »
good price, i think my avon's were £230 fitted.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 02:58:39 pm »
I am a big Avon fan, I tried the Spirit ST a couple of years ago. A good tyre that did all you asked of it. The Angel GTs give me much better mileage.

Offline farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2021, 03:57:53 pm »
i caught out going no a weekend away and needed a tyre in a hurry, only option available was from a young fella who races near me. i got presented with a part worn, very purple avon. felt like i was on a different bike and impressed all who saw it including the m.o.t. man. they may have thought i was responsible for superb cornering, who's to know.
i've been on avon's ever since and they just inspire me with confidence, i don't mind losing a few miles wear for good grip. it may be just in the mind but that's an important place too.
that said the angel's must be impressing you too.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2021, 04:10:41 pm »
I know what you mean about confidence in a tyre. My favourite Avon tyre was the Storm Ultra 2 until they did away with it.

However the Angel GTs have fantastic grip wet and dry and are also very confidence inspiring. The set I have on now have given me about 10,000 miles. The set of Angel GTs I have coming might well be the last as they are just about all gone now. Next time I may be forced to go with the GT II which I also hear good things about.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2021, 02:05:47 pm »
M&P had to order in the front tyre for me and they are now paid for and on their way to me, for a better price than before £173.68.  :winkthumbs: