General forum area > Tyres

replacement tyres

(1/6) > >>

Greenman:
My current Michelin Pilot Road 3s are worn down and won't make the next MoT so I'm looking for a new set.

I'm minded to replace with the same as I've been happy with them for the 2k miles I've done (I bought the bike used), probably from GS Motorcyles Tyres Mobile (from Reading).

Should I be considering anything else?

JackSnipe:
Pilot Road 4's, I have them on both my K13 GT and my Kwak Versy's 1000. Nothing but praise but cannot confirm high mileage potential as too early.

JS.

raesewell:
I have said this several times in different threads. Don't discount Avon Storm 2 Ultras they give good mileage and have good grip in wet and dry. I found the PR3s to be squirmy over white lines in the wet.

Greenman:
mmm - food for thoughts, even thought im only a fair weather, sunday afternoon rider

i'll get some comparative quotes

Steve F:
Before I sold my K13GT I had PR3s which lasted a good 8000miles. They were followed by the PR4s. Again an excellent tyre in both dry and wet conditions (didn't experience any squirming over white lines over and above what white lines normally present as a hazard in the wet). However, the PR4s only lasted 6000miles. As already stated, very grippy tyres, but presumably a softer compound on the PR4s??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version