Author Topic: First blast for 2015  (Read 2752 times)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
First blast for 2015
« on: February 19, 2015, 03:55:58 pm »
Went for a good blast yesterday up into the Cambridgeshire Fens. Does anybody like them bloody fen roads with the suspension testing drops where the whole road has sunk? I hate them but I was not leading the ride. Plenty of salt blowing about on the roads and a bit slippy in places.

Pleased with my new to me Sargent seat but have to get used to doing longer distances again. Aching wrists and hands by the time I got back home again. It was good to get out and blow away the cobwebs.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: First blast for 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:24:56 pm »
Used to live in Norwich when stationed at RAF Marham and spent half my life yumping over the fens in various rally cars of varying abilities.

It wasn't so much the sudden drops in the road, it was the sudden drops OFF the road into those terrifying bloody dykes, or drains as they lovingly refer to them.

At the dead of night behind a full set of 150 watt Cibie lights, The Hundred Foot Drain didn't look too bad. In the daylight it used to seem like it was 100 feet DEEP!

Brian (who cured the aching wrists with the addition of Helibars)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:39:34 pm »
At least the roads were clean and not all covered in tractor droppings. This time!

I can imagine vehicles disappearing into the dykes never to be seen again.

I hope that the aches are due to me not getting the miles in.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 04:56:50 pm »
Get a few miles in Tom and the aches will disappear my clutch arm sometimes aches if I haven't been out for a week or two.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 05:07:09 pm »
Wearing my thick winter gloves didn't help either. Mind you it was that mild that I could have go away with my more comfortable summer gloves.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 05:24:21 pm »
Spent a week last September between Wisbech and Downham Market, jeez, I couldnt believe those Fen roads, and the nutters driving on them, I thought we were gonna take off a couple of times, reckon the GS would have been tested, hell knows what Its like on a regular road bike, you do now Tom
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.