Author Topic: NEC Show  (Read 465 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
NEC Show
« on: November 21, 2023, 06:24:03 pm »
Had a great day out today,these things have a habit of being best thing since sliced bread or crap depending on what floats folks boats,but socially turned out very well and some interesting kit.

Offline Grumpy jase

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300S
Re: NEC Show
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 09:06:04 am »
That's good to hear.  I'm going on Friday, and looking forward to seeing what's new.
Being grumpy makes me happy

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 05:52:13 pm »
Well, there were at least two Ks on Friday. Here's the other one.
A good turnout in such filthy weather, and almost the last to leave. Dedicated. Or crazy.

I got in for free, which was unexpected - a spare ticket given away. Thank you stranger!

I sat on a lot of bikes, just for fun, and most are uncomfy. But some are lovely. The comfiest? A KTM 390 Duke and a big white Husquvarna adventure thing! Weird. I think it must depend on tank shape and peg position if you're long-legged.

I also fell for some Ultimate Ear custom wired plugs (even after Brian has given me a perfectly good alternative - sorry Brian, but they were a bargain).

But the sports tourers? Nothing to tempt me away from a K yet.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 07:39:26 pm »
At least it was there when you wanted to leave  ;) my informant told me that 5 disappeared out of the bike park and 2 from inside.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 08:54:07 pm »
At least it was there when you wanted to leave  ;) my informant told me that 5 disappeared out of the bike park and 2 from inside.

They have a reasonable security system, so I'd be surprised if any went missing from the indoor bike park. The bike gets a tag, you get a tag (round the wrist). Neither is removable without damage. They're compared together on the way out - satisfyingly carefully - and then you're allowed to leave.

Only brute force (riding fast without stopping) or in insider could get round the system (spare tags, turn a blind eye, etc). And before that they'd have to break the steering lock and hot wire it in sight of 2 or 3 marshalls. Seems quite unlikely to me.

Outside in the car park - now that's a bit more risky. No marshalls, plenty of time as you watch the owner walk away, and just bring a white van in.

But then again who's going to nick a K? Yet another good reason to have an out-dated/out of favour bike.