Things Bikers Love (or Hate) > Kit Reviews

Time for a new lid... C5 or Quantic

(1/8) > >>

andym2:
I'm not really getting on with my GT Air 2, so considering these two. Anyone tried either yet? Probably just as bad as asking about tyres of oil, but maybe someone has a good reason not to get either of these other than fit.

richtea:
Bruno (Glen) has a Quantic, which he rated very highly last time we met in October.
Hopefully he'll be a long to give us an update.

NIBS:
Not sure about this but I believe Arai don't have a single drop down integrated sun visor system in their range, Schuberth helmets obviously do. If that's important to you then that could also be a factor in your decision. You may not want to stop and swap visors or wear sun glasses under your helmet.

raesewell:
Also they are two completely different types of helmet one being a flip front. Arai don't do sun visors or flip fronts.
The C5 is not readily available just yet, there is some stock coming through but still a bit scarce.

I would sit back and wait for Shoei to respond to the new standard.

richtea:

--- Quote from: NIBS on December 22, 2021, 09:06:10 am ---Not sure about this but I believe Arai don't have a single drop down integrated sun visor system in their range, Schuberth helmets obviously do. If that's important to you then that could also be a factor in your decision. You may not want to stop and swap visors or wear sun glasses under your helmet.

--- End quote ---

Arai don't do integrated sun visors because it's compromises safety - in terms of physical design.
However, not being able to see is also pretty high up on the risk scale.  8) literally

I would think a light-sensitive visor is a good compromise on safety, if you can get one for a Quantic:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/59472

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version