General forum area > Euro K Club Events

Old Gits 2022 - Northern Spain - June 2022

(1/3) > >>

black-k1:
OK - Third time lucky I hope!!! After COVID cancelled the 2020 and the 2021 trips to Northern Spain we're going to give it another go in 2022. Hopefully by June 2022 we'll all have been jabbed and Spain will be a fully green, visit as you please, country.

Brittany Ferries have been very good and transferred over the 2021 bookings to 2022 so the dates are confirmed as departing Portsmouth at 21:30 on Friday 10th June to arrive in Santander on Sunday 12th, then depart Bilbao on Saturday 18th June to return to Portsmouth on Sunday 19th at 18:30.

The ferry crossings are £756 each. That allows for bike, and rider in a single occupancy cabin, both ways. We've not booked the hotels yet but the outline plan remains that we will do a 2 center trip with a move of hotel mid week. Hotels will be 3* or 4* and each room will be booked for single occupancy. The estimated hotel cost for the 6 nights is £450.

Beyond those costs you'll have your own food, drink, fuel etc.

At the moment we have 13 people booked on the ferry crossing and another 3 who plan to travel overland and meet us in Spain.

TomL and myself from this site are already booked on the trip and a few others from here have been on previous Old Gits trips so can comment on what happens. If you're interested in joining the 2022 trip then please PM me and let me know.

Just to answer a few of the FAQs from those thinking about their 1st Old Gits trip.

This is not the sort of trip where we all ride in a big long line, blocking the traffic and generally going slower than the speed of the slowest to keep the group together. We're all booked on the same ferries and in the same hotels but beyond that, it's your trip. Small groups tend to organically form (normally at breakfast) when discussions identify who's doing what that day. We recommend that a maximum of 4 people ride in a group so as not to cause problems with local traffic. However, if you want to do your own thing then that's totally fine too.

There is no tour guide with an umbrella guiding you around the local sites and making up a history for them. (If you'd like that job then feel free to volunteer! :D  )

The hotels are always chosen with a bar and restaurant but the evenings, like the days, are totally up to you. Again, groups tend to form to visit local bars and restaurants but you do what you want.

I do all the bookings and don't make any money from it. All bills are divided equally across those on the trip. As such you share the benefits of group discounts (estimated at around 10% to 15%) for ferry and hotels but likewise, you are tied to the times, locations, terms and conditions associated with the group booking.

Some pictures from previous trips to Northern Spain so you have an idea what you might be letting yourself in for.

black-k1:
I have contacted Brittany Ferries and motorcycle spaces in June 2022 are already running out. I now have 5 spaces reserved on the Thursday (09/06/22) ferry - Friday ferry is full - and some of those booked on the Friday ferry are keen to swap.

I can only hold these extra places for a little while. If you are either a Euro trip beginner or a well seasoned Euro traveler then the chances are you'd enjoy the trip.

If you would like to know more or would like to book onto the trip then PM me.

black-k1:
Only 2 places left remaining. The ferries for next year are filling up fast and Brittany Ferries will only hold those places for me until 12th August.

Details of what is happening here: http://www.old-gits.org/thenexttrip.htm

If you want to enjoy a trip to Northern Spain next year, then now is the time to commit.

black-k1:
As is often the way on the run up to trips, things change. What it now means is that we will have 2 places available on the trip to go out on the ferry leaving Portsmouth at 21:30 on Friday 10th June and returning to Portsmouth on Sunday 19th June 18:30

The ferry includes bike and rider with a single occupancy cabin each way. In Spain we will be staying Sunday to Wednesday at the NH Pamplona Iruña Park, Pamplona to access the Western Pyrenees, and Wednesday to Saturday at the Gran Hotel España, Oviedo for access to the Western Picos. Both hotels are 4* and the costs are for single occupancy room, B&B and access to the hotel catr park.

The total cost for the above is £1,168.12

If you are interested in joining us on this trip to Northern Spain, then please PM me ASAP

black-k1:
Due to unforseen personal circumstances a space has become available on the trip this year. This place is being offered at the all-in price of

£1000

That covers return ferry for you and your bike. A  4 berth cabin to yourself, a single occupancy en-suite room at the 4* hotels in Pamplona and Oviedo. It also includes breakfast and secure parking for your bike at the hotels.

The price represents a significant discount. 

To book this place you'll need to be able to travel from Portsmouth this Thursday (9th June) meeting at 17:00. You'll return to Portsmouth on the evening of Sunday 19th June.

All you need to do is turn up, pay for your fuel, food & drink and, of course, enjoy yourself riding the wonderful roads of the Picos and Pyrenees.

If you are interested in booking this place then please let me know ASAP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version