General forum area > Other (K) Bikes or anything else!

New BMW 1250 RT

(1/5) > >>

richtea:
Ooo, thought I'd just have a poke around and see what the latest & greatest model gets you:

Oh, that went well.
But then again, you could say that about several BMW models.

black-k1:
That's the BMW "hidden cookie" working. It says that as a K1300S rider you'd be bored witless on a R1250RT! :D I suspect the R1250RS and the S1000XR links work fine! ;)

flatfour:
I did some 150 miles on a 2020 dealer demonstrator in late July of last year and liked it a lot. Plenty of power and much easier than the K1300GT to move around (it feels a lot lighter, although apparently it isn't so different, it's just that the weight is carried low down).

I did find that it isn't as involving as the K to ride however, nor does it have the outright "Get Up and Go" of the four - cylinder engine.

I was impressed enough to try to buy one new at the end of last year, however they had all sold out except for one in a flat grey colour that really didn't appeal. I gave up at that, because I really don't want the TFT instrument binnacle fitted to the current model.

Costas:
Love it. Still is not an all around do it all like a K1300S. And they will never be one such ever.

Phmode:
Oh, I don't know Costas. I said the same thing in the mid '80's about my Honda CBR1000 F-H. That was everything the K is to this day, notwithstanding the advances in technology. A genuine 160mph cruise missile with (just) enough in the chassis department to keep up with the sports toys of the day and virtually no wind blast anywhere at any speed. I refused to sell mine even though it had been sat in my mate's garage for 20 years with non-carbing carbs because I never thought I would find anything to touch it.

And then I discovered the K12/13, bought one, sold the Honda and have rarely looked back.

So at some point, just like the mini-skirt and the beard, the wheel(s) will come full circle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version