Author Topic: Reluctant pillion  (Read 2001 times)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Reluctant pillion
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:25:46 pm »

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
Re: Reluctant pillion
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 02:06:14 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:01:14 pm »
I like the 'pillion's' style... 8)

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »
That Jorge fella seems such a nice guy from his Wikipedia profile too!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 08:10:30 pm »
You effin' twait  ::)

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 08:26:43 am »
Funny how optimistic they both were in thinking they could hit each other a black eye ... while both wearing a helmet ...
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 11:33:39 am »
Folks are funny like that. I filled up with petrol at a filling station opposite where I worked in Reading back in the mid '80's. I think it is now a Lidl supermarket.

I filled up here often, normally late in the evening and one day, having filled up during the 'night shift' I went to pay. The cashier wouldn't let me pay unless I took my helmet off! Strange how he let me fill the bike with it on and I would have left without giving them my businiess had he insisted.

Anyway, I thought for a moment and wondered if I should just ride off, the security cameras would have it all recorded anyway. Of course, I would have called the police but mobile phones were bigger than my bike and I didn't have one. I decided to take a ride into town to the local police station. I wasn't sure what was going to happen but anyway...

I told the guy he either took my payment or I was going to the police.

Well, he flew into a rage and stormed out of the locked pay booth and started throwing punches at me, still with my helmet on. Just as I landed a really good right hander on him a police car pulled up on the forecourt to fill up.

Naturally the guy claimed I had tried to leave without paying but a woman who was behind me told the truth and the guy was hauled off to clink for the night. Turned out the copper was a class 1 police rider and not well disposed to cashiers picking on bikers. He wondered why I hadn't headbutted the eejit 8)

The police called later that night to ask if I wanted to press charges and told me the manager of the garage had sacked the guy once he saw the video footage. I declined, reckoning my taxes were better spent elsewhere.

The upside was that the woman got her tank of fuel free and I got my couple of gallons free to boot as a gesture of 'goodwill' from the manager.

But, strange as it may seem, it bloody hurts! There is a bigger target to hit and getting the chinbar whipped round is most uncomfortable, I can tell you  ::)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 12:21:06 pm »
Its about time you wrote the book of all your adventures. Otherwise I'm going to start cobbling together all the ones on here and sell it online... :D

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 07:22:22 pm »
I want an audio book!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 01:24:17 pm »
I should have started when I was at school but somehow the latest adventure always seemed to be the last. Then something else happened etc. etc.

Now I'm too old to remember  8)