Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3404 times)

Offline motomed

• View Profile
    • Motomed's Tours on Youtube
  • My K bike model:: 1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: USB port, Vario Touring Screen, Grip Puppies
Hello
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:18:09 pm »
English speaker in Switzerland. Old K12s.
Was on the old board, but never did a who's who post!

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 05:42:59 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum, we can't keep calling you motomed so please tell us your name.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 06:49:26 pm »
Welcome  :o
Embrace the wind.

Offline Mike W

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR1300AE (2017)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 07:25:19 pm »
Hello and welcome.

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:07:02 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum  :)

Offline motomed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 12:36:55 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum, we can't keep calling you motomed so please tell us your name.

Hi Rae, I'm Matt...although I kind of like motomed ;)

Offline Expo

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 02:24:21 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum motomed Matt  ;D
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 02:46:52 pm »
Greetings Mr Mattomed enjoy the ramblings.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 05:15:59 pm »
Hi there Matt-omed  ;D and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

You don't say how old your K12 is, but living in Switzerland (which is a bit hilly in places) I wonder if you have ever had any problems with the fuelling on your bike. There is a whole pile of pists about poor fuelling and although mine was a pig when I bought it, a new airbox and ICV with the attendant ECU re-flash soon fixed that, along with a (possibly not needed but bought and fitted by then) Power Commander III.

The first time I crossed the Alps en-route to Greece two years ago, I had 'orrible fuelling problems at altitude. Every time I climbed the bike began to hang at high revs on the run into hairpins and then stumble and hesitate on the way out, not nice really  :o As soon as the bike dropped back to 'normal' altitude, everything returned to normal till the next time it climbed when it did it all over again.

It did exactly the same thing in the Italian Alps last year but behaved itself at lower altitude in the Picos in Spain this year.

Brian (who can't find any where high enough in UK to check this feature out)

Offline motomed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 12:24:24 pm »
Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome all!

I have been 'lurking' for a few years on this board. Since it was 'the old board'. Actually thought it was lost for a while...maybe the domain changed? Anyway, was happy to be back for the insight and special madness that you have cultivated here.

To your point Brian, I haven't noticed any thing as far as I recall...this bike has been up and down so many thousands of meters, maybe it's used to it? As I have mentioned...I am a 'slow' rider, rarely get up past 7k revs...maybe that is a factor.

It's an '05, new to me as 2nd owner in '12, dealer maintained, no custom/modded anything.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 12:49:28 pm »
Interesting and thanks for the report.

As to the 'old site', if you go to the Announcements board ( http://www.eurokclub.bike/index.php/topic,64.0.html ) you can read all about the sad, unexpected and extremely unfair demise of what was a great site. You can also read the history of 'this' site as the members struggled to find each other in choppy waters after the good ship EuroKClub.com was scuppered, about how Paul C suggested setting up a Faceache group that became known as 'the lifeboat' and how we got this new site up and running with almost all the old, active names and faces on board, together with lots of new, lovely folks.

We are really glad that you found us again and look forward to hearing about your mammoth solo pass-bashing trip.

Brian (who loves it when someone from the old site finds their way home)