Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Bikerjim

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300s
Hello again
« on: August 12, 2020, 08:43:14 pm »
Yes I’ve been here before, but now back with a new K1300s. Probably should never sold my last one.

Recently had a Triumph Street triple but never really got on with it, so PXed it for a K1300s

Bad news is it broke down on the way home Sao back to the dealer. Good news is it still is quick 😀

Jim

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 09:19:09 pm »
Welcome back, Jim!

What broke?

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 08:04:11 am »
Welcome back. I hope they sort your bike quickly.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 09:15:54 am »
Hello Jim and welcome back to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

See, that's what happens when you forsake the safety of the known for the fear of the dark side.

As to what broke, probably the piston. As in 'piston broke' which you will be now you have another K  8)

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 10:28:42 am »
Yes I’ve been here before, but now back with a new K1300s. Probably should never sold my last one.

Recently had a Triumph Street triple but never really got on with it, so PXed it for a K1300s

Bad news is it broke down on the way home Sao back to the dealer. Good news is it still is quick 😀

Jim

Welcome back! #richardandjudy

Are you able to expand upon your falling out, or never falling in with, the Street Triple? :)

It's one of those bikes (oh, maybe like the GS hah!) that everyone says is great and everyone should have/try one. And now you have!

I've tried (got) the GS and it has been everything I was told, i.e. great, and it will be interesting to understand what differed at least for you with the Triumph.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Bikerjim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 09:45:16 pm »

The bike overheated due to a mechanic leaving a bleed valve open 😐 I’m collecting it on Saturday.

The triumph was a purchased as a commuter bike for a six miles a day run in and out of Cambridge . If you’ve never seen Cambridge traffic then either take the train or bike. It could take up to an hour to do 4 miles 🤣 .  Triumph was a bit small for me, nice enough just dint get on with it.

I’ve had a GS but got fed up with the reliability as they brake down a lot.

Jim

Offline Bikerjim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 09:48:12 pm »
It also looks good with my other toy.

https://instagram.com/p/CDy0DkDAU_5/

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:54:04 pm by Bikerjim »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 09:50:37 pm »

The bike overheated due to a mechanic leaving a bleed valve open 😐 I’m collecting it on Saturday.

Hope the head is OK... ::) Honestly, you couldn't make it up  >:(

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 10:57:51 pm »
6 miles? Hmm, that says electric bike to me [edit: in 2020]. Cheap, and nifty. But maybe slighty more of a pain in the wet than a motorbike.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:38:43 am by richtea »

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 08:47:42 am »
Had my much modded 955 Tiger 20 years next April which is a story in itself,but just before lock down treated ourselves to two electric mountain bikes which really has been ‘Welcome to the 21st century’ and anyone thinking of going that route do plenty of homework,I was amazed at how the game had changed in a matter of months from the end of 19 to the start of 20.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 08:41:47 am »
Hello and welcome back.
Embrace the wind.