Author Topic: Praise  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Ned1

• View Profile
Praise
« on: February 13, 2015, 06:24:19 pm »
A big thank you to all and every one that got this site up and running,
the only thing I am concern about is that the cost (which there must have been) should not be on the shoulders of said people,
so with that in mind how can we the members help to put it right.

Ned
Ride like they are out to kill you and live to ride another day

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Praise
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 07:02:27 pm »
Don't worry, I am The Evil Webmaster and I know where you live!

At the moment, the only thing I have paid for is the jigsaw anti-spambot thingummy which you had to negotiate at registration time and which was an outrageous (and unbudgetted) £25 for the next 12 months. It was pay or we get bombarded by adverts and I didn't want Rae coming round and giving me another thick ear!

The purchase of the domain name, the creation of the website and the hosting of the site for the next 12 months will be approx £200 but I haven't had the invoice yet. Martin, (who created the site and provides the hosting at a knock-down price) had a sudden and unexpected death in the family on Wednesday evening, so we are actually very lucky that he could turn the site on this morning!

The ongoing annual cost (after the next 12 months) will be approx. £100 per year assuming we don't need to buy in any technical heavyweight support.

I am deternined not to make money at this lark but not to go to the work house either. The dilemma for us all is how and when we divvy up the costs; do it now and those who join later miss out on the chance to pay their portion of my new helicopter, wait too long and you might have left and not paid a bean  ;D

So, I think we wait a couple of months and then do the divvy. If we make a profit, then we either put it toward next year or we make a donation to Riders for Health or somesuch. I'm not likely to go broke in the meantime and I am taking steps to ensure that the other admins have access to all passwords and account details so If I ride under a bus any time soon, the new site doesn't get buried with me, again  >:(

Brian (who can't make his mind up between buying Necker Island off his mate Richard or buying Islay and drinking it dry  :o )

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 08:43:22 am »
I'm sharing these thoughts with Ned, but will follow your decision and wait for others to join first.
Then we can start thinking about the purchase of a new bike maybe?
I any case we are here my friend and once more thanks for all the efforts.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:55:49 am »
Brian, you know my views, which are very much in line with your own. One thing that seems to be clear is that everyone signed up thus far is willing to pay their share. I think that a surplus, rather than a deficit, will be your problem. I also think that Necker Island will be cheaper than Islay considering their respective GDPs! How about a forum trip to the Whisky Isle to recce it before you decide?  The road from the airport to Bowmore will definitely test the ESA!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 11:25:02 am »
If I'm not very much mistaken, I believe that a certain Mr PaulC is organising a distillery trip on his faceache page; don't know if I am speaking out of turn or even if it is open to others, but it is just a thought.

Brian (who notices that Bowmore have quite affordable out of season accommodation on site  8) )

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 01:10:19 pm »
If he is Brian I'm sure he'll post it up in the events section.