Author Topic: Carnage  (Read 3240 times)

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
Carnage
« on: May 07, 2018, 08:36:19 pm »
Not sure there's been a Bank Holiday weekend like it, in north Wales, for a long time, 5 serious or fatal motorcycle accidents since Friday :(

NW Police are going to be on a mission this year  :(
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:51:39 pm by slparry »
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Carnage
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 08:39:36 pm »
Eejits! And I don't mean the law.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 09:00:53 pm »
Eejits! And I don't mean the law.

Let's not jump to conclusions. There are families and friends grieving and Ill informed postings on a public forum may be considered insensitive.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:48:36 am by black-k1 »
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:02:30 pm »
When one man has life threatening injuries after a collision between two motorcycles, there is an eejit involved.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 05:24:50 am »
Not always.

Sometimes it can just be two otherwise reasonable and competent people  who both made the wrong decision at the wrong time in the wrong place.

Sometimes it can be due to circumstances beyond reasonable control, such as wildlife or medical emergency.

Sometimes it can be due to mechanical failure.

So let's not jump to ill informed conclusions when there is a chance this may be read by concerned friends or family.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 07:47:23 am »
Having been in North Wales this last weekend, I saw plenty of risk takers. One was overtaking across a solid white line on the brow of a hill.
So I am not surprised by these figures. Also saw another guy taking a right hand bend right on the white line with his head on the wrong side of the road, I'm sure he will be fine until he meets himself coming the other way or a lorry on the white line.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 08:42:46 am »
Having been in North Wales this last weekend, I saw plenty of risk takers. One was overtaking across a solid white line on the brow of a hill.
So I am not surprised by these figures. Also saw another guy taking a right hand bend right on the white line with his head on the wrong side of the road, I'm sure he will be fine until he meets himself coming the other way or a lorry on the white line.

That would have been me, except I wasn't riding over the weekend!

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 08:49:47 am »
Nobody goes out on a bike to deliberately get killed or crash although many don't do themselves any favours by behaving badly, however thoughts with family and friends.
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 12:38:57 pm »
Over Fri to Monday I did over 700 miles in Wales, on more than five occasions in that time I had riders overtaking on the wrong side of the road heading for me, most of these were on a blind bend, at this time of the year i find a lot of young riders out there, by that I mean young in experience not of age, their bikes are put away for most of the year and on the first hot day or first good bank holiday they put on their horns and mount that guided missile (their bike), forgetting that around that next corner could be a parked tractor or car on their side of the road.

And yes Accident do happen !!.
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 06:05:32 pm »
Exercise caution ,be always on alert, ride safely, etc,  and then maybe then you’ll get along with an accident with minimum impact on yourself and the bike, because as we all know if you ride it will happen to you too.
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 07:21:15 pm »
Correct Costas this is my daily reminder.

and this was at 5 to 10 MPH

And look some lovely needle work

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:51:38 pm by TomK1300s »
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 05:40:02 am »
Ouch!

I bet that hurt!

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 05:46:46 am »
Ouch!

I bet that hurt!
Luckily our hospitals anaesthetise people before they cut them open  ;D
Sorry couldn't resist

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 07:56:50 am »
Ouch!

I bet that hurt!
Luckily our hospitals anaesthetise people before they cut them open  ;D
Sorry couldn't resist

Touché :D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 03:55:01 pm »
But I bet it still hurt 🤕