Author Topic: Genuine BMW SatNav Mount for K1300GT?  (Read 702 times)

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
Genuine BMW SatNav Mount for K1300GT?
« on: May 16, 2023, 02:16:40 pm »
Doing some research I have seen a couple of genuine BMW SatNav mounts suitable for a K1300GT as unlike some other K1300 models I am unable to use a RAM type ball mount in the steering yoke because the adjustable bars seem to obscure the centreline.

I have however seen what looks like a plastic cover that replaces the existing plastic cover that tidies up the rear of the adjusting bolts that has a mount built into the top putting the mounting plate pretty close to the bottom in the gap between the middle section of the bars if that makes sense?

I have seen this with two different part numbers but in addition there seems to be a metal mount that picks up on the same mounting holes but sits behind the existing plastic cover.

Both of these are difficult to explain and as I still can't post photos properly despite following the instruction its the best I can do!  >:(

I wonder if any of you have one of the following BMW parts on your K1300GT and if you can shed some light on exactly what these items are please?

BMW tell me the part numbers are correct but the parts are not available and despite my asking if they could check other dealer stock etc. I am not convinced they did.

Out of desperation I have ordered the latter of the two parts from eBay but the seller in Lithuania can't even list his own auction correctly and the drawing he sent me shows a different part to another seller from Bulgaria but with an identical part number!

And despite me paying £29 for it two weeks ago I haven't received confirmation of postage and the expected delivery date is showing as 21-29 June so I expect he is one of those sellers who advertise things they don't have in stock and am expecting the worst.

I was looking at the Bike Pen R type of mount (Wunderlich also make a similar mount to the BPR) but I prefer the factory mount if at all possible.

Does anybody have any experience of any of the above part numbers or possibly one lying around they might care to sell?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Genuine BMW SatNav Mount for K1300GT?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 10:38:38 am »
Just so you get at least one answer...

...no! No experience of a GT whatsoever, but I hate folks not getting even useless answers  :laugh:

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 10:50:15 am »
I might have one knocking about in the garage somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 12:12:01 pm »
Yer a star Rae  :laugh:

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2023, 12:28:17 pm »
I would hold back on the praise there Brian, I've had a look and can't find it, I think it might have fell victim to a garage clear out  :-[

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2023, 01:53:51 pm »
Now you guys are just teasing!  ;D

Appreciate the replies though...keep 'em coming!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2023, 03:06:35 pm »
I would hold back on the praise there Brian, I've had a look and can't find it, I think it might have fell victim to a garage clear out  :-[

It's the thought that counts Rae. It doesn't get his sat nag mounted but you thought it might...

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2023, 03:14:11 pm »
I've used that line many times over the years when I've forgotten a birthday card.

"I know I didn't actually get you a card but at least I did think about sending you a card. Of course its the thought that counts. Isn't it? Isn't it?? Ouch!"  ;D

-=Glyn=-

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 04:30:17 pm »

Offline flatfour

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 1300 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Headlight protector, clear front indicators
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 07:40:59 pm »
My K1300GT has a BMW plastic mounting plate that fits between the bars and allows the Navigator mount with its function buttons to bolt to the top of it. I'm not sure of the part number of the  plastic plate as it was included with the bike when I purchased it. I was, however offered both a new mounting plate and cradle for the Nav V1 when I purchased the unit, though when the bike was in the workshop the dealer said that the Nav 1V cradle that I already had was the same, and so they would use that together with the plastic base plate.

The only item that was needed for the fit was, in fact a harness to suit the GT (BMW Part no. 83300413585, cost £10.66 plus Vat). The total cost for fitting the mounting plate, cradle and wiring it all in was £42.00 in November 2018.

The unit fits very neatly and works perfectly, although it is necessary to reach around it to put the key into the ignition switch.

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2023, 02:02:38 pm »
After some time it seems I am able to answer my original question posed in the first post as the one from Lithuania did eventually turn up despite no contact from the seller.

As eluded to above the parts are essentially the same the only difference being;

71607676662 is the part number for the plastic mounting bracket only

71607688868 is the part number for the plastic mounting bracket, navigator plate and associated securing bolts & washers

Or was it the other way round? ;D

However by the time I put either a Quadlock weatherproof wireless charging head and anti-vibration mount or the much preferred Peak Design mount (no suitable anti-vibration charging mount available - yet) they both hold the phone too high for my liking.

Not that I'm fussy or anything... ::)

Ah well back to the drawing board in my quest for perfection... ::)

Keep your eyes peeled for £150 worth of Quadlock stuff making an appearance in the For Sale/Wanted forum.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 11:45:06 am by GlynH »