Author Topic: City ban for older motorcycles  (Read 4276 times)

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
City ban for older motorcycles
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:07:55 am »
Copied and pasted from Face Book  1950-1980 racing motorcycles

ACT NOW! (This means you!)

In case you didn't notice: The goddamn European Union is about to ban motorcycles older than 15 years from use in big cities all across Europe.

This affects over 50 percent of all bikers in Europe - including all owners of classic and vintage motorcycles!

Therefore we must ACT NOW: Please sign the attached petition against this hairraising assault on bikers' freedom to ride, too.

https://www.openpetition.de/petition/online/petition-gegen-das-verbot-von-mehr-als-5-jahre-alten-motorradern-in-europaischen-stadten
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: City ban for older motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:44:54 am »
It's a German proposal but already Italy and Greece have written that of . This to clear things a bit.
fm January we had this petition advertised to magazines and as far as I know all bikers have voted against it. Afraid that North Europeans are going to support  such a restrictions this is the feedback we get fm them via Internet. But let me ask you who is ridding a bike in Finland?
Thanks for posting it , we all must vote against.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Twisty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:07:17 pm »
It would help if they put the countries in alphabetical order!!
 8)
Ride safe
Dave

BMW R1200gs LC

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 12:33:41 pm »
Sorry Ron, I don't sign petitions I can't read and I can't read German!

You could start a petition on change.org ( https://www.change.org ) or 38degrees ( https://home.38degrees.org.uk ) if this matters to you.

Brian (who thinks the government has better things to do but the Department for Gold-Plating European Edicts will have different ideas)

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: A 2009 my 1300s (maybe the sport model as it has all the options)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Zumo 550, optimate, rear rack, tail packs, panniers, front and rear R&G axle protectors.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:25:26 pm »
Depending on where they draw the boundary, that will kill the Ace Cafe...

Presumably the policy wonks will try the same the cars?

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:32 am »
Anything that tries to restrict our activities and freedoms needs to be voted against even if you have to find your way around the German language.
It applies to all EU cities so don't sit on your butts doing nothing.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 12:57:07 am »
Anything that tries to restrict our activities and freedoms needs to be voted against even if you have to find your way around the German language.

...and if it means that much to you Ron, get off YOUR butt and start a UK campaign. The masses won't follow you and the German language even if I do. And I am not about to.

Brian (who won't struggle with the German language because his grandfather and father gave parts of their anatomy so that I, and you, don't have to)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 10:15:34 am »

...and if it means that much to you Ron, get off YOUR butt and start a UK campaign. The masses won't follow you and the German language even if I do. And I am not about to.

Brian (who won't struggle with the German language because his grandfather and father gave parts of their anatomy so that I, and you, don't have to)
But you have no problem riding German motorcycles?

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 11:52:13 am »
I have lots of problems riding German motorcycles as this and the old site will attest.

I also drive a German car with which I have absolutely no problems, touch wood.

If I had to read or speak German to do so, I wouldn't. The same is obviously true of Japanese.

On a serious note, if anyone wants the membership of this site to sign up to a foreign petition, the least they should do is either to translate it into English, or, if they feel so strongly about it that they are pushing it here, where, if they are lucky they may get a few dozen signatures, then they should start a petition on one of the very successful, international sites I quoted, where the English language is an option and where they are virtually guaranteed to get hundreds of thousands of signatures. Simples!

Brian (who is allowed to have his little peccadilloes just like everyone else, in fact he has a box on the go beside him as he types  ;D )

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:56:15 am »
It was only an effort to alert us, at list this way I get it.  :P Then to much was added.
Embrace the wind.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »
Oh my, I hope we are not getting all political. There are plenty of politically motivated forums out there, can we keep this one free of politics please.  >:( >:(   or
Yer banned  ;D

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 07:32:46 pm »
Sorry Ron, I don't sign petitions I can't read and I can't read German!

You could start a petition on change.org ( https://www.change.org ) or 38degrees ( https://home.38degrees.org.uk ) if this matters to you.

Brian (who thinks the government has better things to do but the Department for Gold-Plating European Edicts will have different ideas)

Believe it or not that was the English version according to what is says at the top of the page.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 10:06:13 pm »
The headings were in English on the page the link took me to, but the text was all German.

Brian