General forum area > K1600 GT & K1600GTL Forum

Will The Last K-Bikes (K1600s) Fall Fail OF Euro5?

(1/4) > >>

Belco100:
All new bikes going for approval from 1st of Jan 2020 have to be Euro 5. There is a one year grace period and then ALL bikes sold from 1st Jan 2020 have to be Euro 5. So far only XRs are Euro 5 in the BMW range:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2020/april/bike-industry-pushing-delay-euro5

Does make you wonder if there will be a load of pre-registered deals at the end of the year - or a further years extension? Or will a whole bunch of bikes just disappear?

Matt:
Sold from 2021 Jan yeah?

I'm sure the new F800 tinkers are Euro5... yeah, mentioned in the article. Given everyone knew it was coming I'd expect things like the 1250 engine to be pretty close software wise and sorted hardware wise already.

As the article mentions, and i paraphrase because i'm lazy "...manufacturers knew about this a decade ago... ratified 2013..." I expect they're all similar with anything recent.

We know Kawasaki's approach, superchargers and moving them into more engines. BMW has shiftcam, so that covers the RR too.

The K1300 engine was a what, 2004 vintage? So there's an excuse there. The K1600 engine, when was that designed? Hm, introduced to the world late 2010, so couple years being engineered... done before they knew what was coming, or new enough to have been thought about?

Belco100:
Just seen all the latest from BMW for next year. Mostly colour changes.

Euro 5 bikes now include

* S1000XR
* S1000RR
* R1250RS
* R1250R
The K1600s aren't   >:(

I think the new 900s are as well, but the GS is not mentioned. I guess you have to assume if the other 1250s are then the GS should get through as well.

Costas:
The new ones 2021 will be .

Belco100:
I was asking about any updates again, and have now been told it is out of production, you can only get hold of stocked models  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version