Author Topic: LLangollen international motorcycle festival  (Read 3582 times)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
LLangollen international motorcycle festival
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:50:09 am »
For those of you who may like to trog up to North Wales, enjoy our fabulous roads and maybe take in the bike festival at Llangollen (August 1st/2nd) here's some more info:

www.llanbikefest.co.uk

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: LLangollen international motorcycle festival
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 12:10:06 pm »
Under normal circumstances Bob this would have been right up my street with an excuse to visit North Wales. My birthday is the 3rd of August and this year I will be 60 and we are having a house party that weekend to celebrate, with guests coming from all over the UK. Be sure to remind us next year.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 01:18:10 pm »
Change of plan Rae we'll all come round to your gaff instead ::)

Bob

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 02:05:37 pm »
Sorry Bob my party is for riffraff only as my mates from the east end will testify (some of them have testified quite a few times)  8)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 03:00:07 pm »
Wouldn't bother with this event next year it was pants. Fortunately I didn't have to cough up the entry fee (£10.00) as a chappie was going out as we were coming in and he gave me his ticket. Unfortunately my mate, Mick, had to get his spondula out for his ticket and he didn't let me forget all afternoon. Should have taken notice of my benefactor's words when I asked him' is it any good?' his reply 'NO!' Probably the most exciting thing we experienced all day was the foot long smoked sausage that we each had for our lunch, very tasty it was. Oh the skill riding display was just ok and there were some rather nice vintage bikes around. Fogarty was his usual arrogant self so  I didn't listen and not many others were either.

We ended up at the Prospect Tea rooms for tea and whinberry tart which was far superior ::)

Bob

PS Rae bet your w/e was rather better so we won't be arranging a visit in 16 (to the Llangollen International Motorcycle show)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 05:52:13 pm »
Yes Bob a good time was had by all at the party. We will have to find something else to do next year. I'll leave that one up to you to plan  ;D

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 06:23:04 pm »
Come to Greece, 25000000 did it this year.... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Immigrants are not counted.....
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:38:20 pm by Costas »
Embrace the wind.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 08:43:14 am »
Come to Greece, 25000000 did it this year.... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Immigrants are not counted.....
How many Costas :o

Bob