Author Topic: Track days  (Read 2759 times)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
Track days
« on: February 23, 2015, 03:51:22 pm »
If you're interested:
Track days at Cadwell Park (13th July) and Snetterton (17th August) organised by the BMW club.

www.thebmwclub.org.uk/sportingregister

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Track days
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:58:50 pm »
Lucky you, this factions stopped three years ago here.
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »
If you fancy a track day and don't fancy mixing it with the track day nutters then this is a good one to go on.

BMW Club track days are for road bikes only, preferably ridden to the track, and are aimed at men and women who are basically road riders but fancy a bit of fun on the track now and again. In entering you agree to ride only a road legal motorcycle equipped with fully functioning lights and a full size rear number plate.  Road legal tyres are compulsory and tyre warmers are not allowed; you also agree to be courteous to other riders and to abide by their overtaking rules.

Their aim is that you don't have an off and get to ride your bike back home after the event.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 09:53:10 pm »
Lucky you, this factions stopped three years ago here.

....then you'll have to come here Costas!

Brian (getting the invite in early)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 04:59:28 pm »
BMW stopped this function, tracks available exist every Wednesday and weekends, 10 euros for every 20 min sessions.
And of course we have the CSS school every month so I'm covered, although a trip to UK and some track days experience would be greatly appreciated.
Embrace the wind.