Author Topic: Moulded in-ear speakers?  (Read 14387 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Moulded in-ear speakers?
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2016, 12:02:24 pm »
Good grief, you must have forced them in with a mallet, Brian. My left and right plugs are completely incompatible with the wrong ears

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2016, 10:54:14 pm »
When inserted in the correct ears, my ear plugs are straight along the top edge and curve towards the rear. The small end pokes in the ear. I can't imagine fitting them in the wrong ears. :o
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2016, 08:05:37 am »
Today is the presentation of the new system7 bmw motorrad helmet. It's functions resemble a lot the ones of 5 and incorporates both 6 and sport technology. This one has neen desingn to incorporate all types of ear plugs.
Just wait for the updates and first impression reports and then, am saying them, might consider this for your new helmet.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2016, 11:11:03 am »
Im surprised how good the bluetooth setup is on my Nolan N104 EVO is. People can't believe I'm travelling at 70mph on the motorway on my 1300R when I'm having a conversation with them, they don't hear any wind noise whatsoever. Only criticism is the bass is a lacking when i listen to music.. Maybe a bass bin under the saddle? :o

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2021, 04:33:36 pm »
Well, what a long time it's been...

I finally decided that I could no longer put up with the crappy old moulded earplug monitors which stopped being monitors years ago and are now not even joined by the long-frayed cable.

Spoke to the lovely Nigel at Audiofit a day or so ago and he confirmed that the Puretone set up that JackSnipe used and recommended is still available.

So I trotted off to get my ears impressed at lunch time and the distorted great lumps of silicone are now winging their way to Puretone to be turned into non-talking, full shell ear plugs as opposed to the canal-tip type I have used previously.

Once they have confirmed that they can make the separate monitors on a short cable with a right-angled plug, then they will become, as if by magic, all singing, all dancing talking plugs, hopefully in time to keep the Welsh Wramble route instructions inside my ears rather than bouncing round the hills and valleys of the principality from my in-helmet speakers.

And that only took 4 years and four months  :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2021, 05:23:47 pm »
So, my lovely fluorescent ear plugs arrived last week, complete with pop-on/pop-off speakers and very swish they are too.

Or rather they would be if I could hear anything through them. Well, confusingly, I can hear perfectly well through them, but the sound is coming from the in-helmet speakers...

I had asked for a custom headset lead, much shorter than the 78cm standard one which just flails around in the wind and gets wrapped round your hands when you don't want it to and with a 90° plug for the Sena.

Well, Puretone's tech's idea of a 90° plug is clearly different to mine. Every other set of earphones I have has got a right-angled plug which has a protruding 'nose' to allow it to sit inside recessed sockets. Puretone's was a square of plastic with the pin coming straiht out at 90° with no 'nose'. So, the thing wouldn't go into the Sena far enough to make contact nor to turn off the in-helmet speakers.

So, the headset has gone back for a little fettling. But the ear plugs are kushti!