Author Topic: RT TC New Dunlop RS III  (Read 2084 times)

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
RT TC New Dunlop RS III
« on: May 01, 2017, 10:48:27 am »
Out yesterday on my RT, having ditched its original 21's for the above (Despite the fact bike has only done 2500 miles) the grip, turn in, handling and comfort of these tyres are exceptional. By the way the bike is as well. OK it lacks the raw power of the K's but makes up for it in far more refined suspension, a far more lithe and better handling bike all round. I know you K boys love the big K fours and long may it continue, but when the time comes for you to move on for me for the money there are better 4's out there, including both the Versys 1000 and the newer SX and if you feel a bit more radical go for a Boxer !
JS

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: RT TC New Dunlop RS III
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:16:09 pm »
 Would not get into this argument.
Embrace the wind.

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:55:47 am »
Costas, Its not an argument and I am not after one in fairness. It is purely a viewpoint and I suppose you could view the lack of sales of the latest K bike as supporting the viewpoint.

I tend to move my bikes on when I hit the optimum factor mix if you like. Basically when I gauge I have had good value out of the bike and it will still be worth something when I sell it. That is why I moved the V strom 1000 on very quickly I saw its image plunge ( Rightly or wrongly) and moved it on before its value went south as well. One big reason ( not the only ) I moved the K13 GT on last year , my guess is this year I would be hard pushed to sell it other than at a big knock down price.
JS

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 08:14:48 pm »
Had the same attitude towards my bikes but the new era a forced me to change it.
Embrace the wind.