Author Topic: BSB at Brands Hatch : any stands recommended ?  (Read 1622 times)

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
BSB at Brands Hatch : any stands recommended ?
« on: September 28, 2019, 07:12:14 pm »
Hello,

I'm considering to attend the BSB finale at Brands Hatch. But I notice there are several possible options of which I don't know if they are either recommended, or rather just not adding any extra value. I've never been to Brands Hatch, nor do I know the circuit's layout, let alone where the stands are located and how well the races can be seen on these several stands. Hence my question : of these stands hereafter, are there ones you just can't skip, or is it rather so that the races can be observed well from any place along the circuit ?

The possible extra-paying stands are Paddock Hill, Pit Straight, Hailwoods, or Desire Wilson. Should I book one of these, or not necessarily ?

And one other thing : if anyone can recommend B&B's in a range of 30 (max. 40 miles) miles around Brands Hatch (preferably with closed parking possibilities) : feel free !
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: BSB at Brands Hatch : any stands recommended ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 05:02:02 pm »
They have stands at Brands now? Wow!

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 05:27:04 pm »
At this time of year the local knowledge say go in a car with your chairs.. and sit on the bank at Clark curve or it’s grand stand on the Brabham straight or down in the dip at paddock.

Trying to find accommodation this close to the event boardering onnot a hope they always get a big crowd at Brands hence why they always have the last race of the year compare that to Donington this weekend when 3 men and a dog will turn up assuming you could take a dog which you can’t....

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 06:18:07 pm »
At this time of year the local knowledge say go in a car with your chairs.. and sit on the bank at Clark curve or it’s grand stand on the Brabham straight or down in the dip at paddock.

Trying to find accommodation this close to the event boardering onnot a hope they always get a big crowd at Brands hence why they always have the last race of the year compare that to Donington this weekend when 3 men and a dog will turn up assuming you could take a dog which you can’t....

Thank you ! So I understand that you yourself wouldn't necessarily take a stand. How about getting there by bike, I seem to understand there is heavy traffic jams around the circuit ?
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 09:32:08 am »
I always go for the pit straight stands - you can see everything that goes on in the pits and also watch them all come out onto the start line, which is almost as long as the race  :o

And don't forget this is the last meeting of the season, so someone will be crowned Champion! This is normally worth watching and happens on the start line - and you will see all of the podium from action from there.

Great thing about Brands is you can see a lot of the track from wherever you sit.