Author Topic: K1200 GT K44 2007  (Read 4733 times)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: K1200 GT K44 2007
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 08:23:51 pm »
Costas has more experience of Ks than most of us.
He may not always be right, but do consider his, admittedly rather short, advice.

Ask nicely, and he may tell us the reasoning!
You beat me to it Rich  ;)

Andym535

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2020, 08:54:21 pm »
His English is brief but more than most of us could manage in Greek I expect.

Offline Capt Howdy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2008 K1200R owned since new
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus exhaust AX-FIED Wilber’s shocks
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 01:00:36 am »
I had a similar problem with my 08 K1200R. Went to start it in the morning and it cranked over strongly but wouldn’t start. Everything seemed in order and was confirmed with the GS-911wifi. Good fuel pump pressure and a scan showed no faults. At first I thought a fuel line might have blown off the fuel pump so stripped it down and checked the pump. Nothing!  I reassembled everything and tried to start it. Success!  I don’t to this day know what was wrong and can only think it was a dirty/loose connection that was rectified by disconnecting and reconnecting it. The bike has has no further issues. I discovered I’m good at fixing unknown  problems with methods that I can’t identify  :)
It’s so nice to be insane. No one asks you to explain

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 03:07:33 pm »
I was just going to suggest that you nipped down to Zummerzet anf fixed Rabb's bike but then I spotted your location... 8)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 03:17:08 pm »
Needs a new pump...????

That’s funny, but thank you for your input...

You need to realise that hiding behind the user name Costas, are two really knowledgeable guys.

There is Costas, who many on here have met and who is a sometime club racer and all round good egg.

Then there is Costas, who is the service manager at the local BMW dealership in Athens, who I have had the pleasure of meeting and having my bike serviced by and who is an even better egg, if that were possible. Forget everything you know about european main dealer service managers. Costas, who very likely knew he would never see me again for a very long time, if ever, treated me and my bike like his most precious customer, stayed late when we turned up unannounced the evening before the service booking (instead of rushing off to visit his father who was dying in hospital) and bowled me over with his warmth, his enthusiasm and his knowledge.

Costas rarely says whether his pearls of wisdom come from Costas, or from Costas  8)

Offline samsonfm1

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200GT MY07
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 08:16:30 pm »
That’s Ok, I think I’m good right now..

Thank you for your input though..

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 08:27:41 pm »
You seem to be resisting our help  :-\

Offline samsonfm1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 10:41:05 am »
Definitely not, help is always welcomed and responded to, but I think there’s a failure of actually understanding the full diagnosis I’ve been through.
By stating it’s a new pump is what is needed is not reading the results I’ve been through, I’ve stated that the OE pump was tested and was all within range, and just for kicks I through in another OE pump yet with same results and the pump made same results as the first one.

We’ve gone past the pump stage, fuel module, CKP, TPS, CPS, FPS,  the sensors and switches on the clutch and stands and now directly at the ECU stage.
There are no actual DTCs that suggest anything is at issue, only that the ABS had timed out and the KOMBI which is pointing at the ECU or another module inline causing its failure.
Ive recently received full pin out schematics by a member. Just this will allow me to determine if I’ve got an internal driver fault within the ECU, this is what was needed,.

I’m sure you can understand and appreciate that readers throwing out random suggestions that have already been tested and predetermined as good isn’t really helpful but a step backwards, my question was to see if any other member had come across this issue and their fix, this would give me ideas to solve mine...

As I said, all help is welcomed if it’s valid, because one day a member will have the same fault which then inturn I can help them without the expense of a dealership and give them the right procedure of testing to conclude and determine the fault... I think this is the point of Forums, to help one another in the right way..

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 11:46:22 am »
Good explanation, Samson.
I suspect you're ahead of most of us, in terms of understanding the level of detail.

But please do let us know what you find.
It sounds mysterious/unusual enough that it's well worth documenting for us, especially since no-one else seems to have recognised it yet.

Cheers...

Offline samsonfm1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2020, 12:37:56 pm »
It’s just trying to eliminate everything I know could be a failure before find a ravine and pushing it into it..!!!!

I will definitely inform, I think others need to know what was the outcome as it could save a lot of unnecessary time and expense for another who may be in the same position..

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 12:48:15 pm »
Thank you for filling us in, and as Richard says, please let us know the outcome.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 05:50:21 pm »
Needs a new pump...????

That’s funny, but thank you for your input...

You need to realise that hiding behind the user name Costas, are two really knowledgeable guys.

There is Costas, who many on here have met and who is a sometime club racer and all round good egg.

Then there is Costas, who is the service manager at the local BMW dealership in Athens, who I have had the pleasure of meeting and having my bike serviced by and who is an even better egg, if that were possible. Forget everything you know about european main dealer service managers. Costas, who very likely knew he would never see me again for a very long time, if ever, treated me and my bike like his most precious customer, stayed late when we turned up unannounced the evening before the service booking (instead of rushing off to visit his father who was dying in hospital) and bowled me over with his warmth, his enthusiasm and his knowledge.

Costas rarely says whether his pearls of wisdom come from Costas, or from Costas  8)

I do now want to make my 12k service happen in Greece! Maybe I could winter there, in my new world of remote working. Ok Costas forget this bike issue, how much will a whole country house with pool, garage, possibly free dog cost for 3 months? :p
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Capt Howdy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2008 K1200R owned since new
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus exhaust AX-FIED Wilber’s shocks
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2020, 11:46:10 pm »
You seem to be resisting our help  :-\

😳
It’s so nice to be insane. No one asks you to explain