Welcome to the BMW K1200 K1300 K1600 Forum > Who's Who?

(1/3) > >>

Forcefield:
Hi all,

Thanks for accepting me! I'm just getting back into riding after 7yrs off 2 wheels following a nasty hit and run on the mrs. We both sold our bikes after that, but Ive never been able to shift the desire to get back on. Had 2 vfrs previously, but being 6ft 3 I found then just a little too small. Always fancied a ZZR1400, but sat on one last week and found the riding position just a little too aggressive for what I want. There was a red/black K1300s sat next to it and when I sat on it to try it immediately felt right!. Wasn't really considering them till now, but now I am hooked and that led me here doing as much research as possible. Many thanks for all the contributors, it really makes a massive difference in learning about a bike and Im hoping to get one this week!

black-k1:
Hello and welcome. When I was buying previously, I too looked at the ZZR1400 and while it was undoubtedly a very capable bike, I didn't think it was a better option than the K1300S so you're not this first to have made that exact decision.

I see you may be interested in the MotorSport Rich linked to. It looks like a great bike and I'd be surprised if you are disappointed.

There is a wealth of knowledge on here so if you have any questions then feel free to ask.

Phmode:
Hi and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Ouch! One hopes the Mrs. wasn't too badly dented and has made a full recovery, physically, if not emotionally. I despise hit and run drivers and can't imagine the anguish it causes, it's bad enough finding a car park scratch on the car door, let alone getting nerfed off the bike.

The K isn't perfect and you are wise to do your homework. There is plenty of stuff in here...

https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=3984.0

...to get you started. Brian

Grumpy jase:
Hello and Welcome.  I followed a similar route to (potential) K1300 ownership.  I bought mine in 2020 to upgrade from my VFR800.  I have not regretted the change.  The K1300S is a great, confidence inspiring machine.  It is a big, heavy machine, but if you can cope with that, it is otherwise nicely manageable.  The low speed balance is good and high speed stability exceptional.  It is a little slow to turn, but once settled it is nice and neutral.  Some find the front end feel a little remote, but I really like this, and particularly like the anti-dive under braking.  I've taken mine to the Pyrenes and NC500, plus regular weekend scratching, and even did a track day on it (It's a bit heavy for that in reality).  My only real issues have been relatively heavy tyre wear, and falling off it doing a U turn, where the slope in the road meant the ground wasn't where I expected it to be, and by the time I found the ground, the weight was too much to hold up.  Mine has close to 60K miles, and not pristine, but still looks good to me.  I do my own maintenance and repairs.  It is pretty easy to work on, and this site is a great resource.  If you go for the Motorsport version at Wigan Yamaha, it looks like a lovely bike.  Good luck.

Forcefield:
Many thanks for the replies...

Yea the Mrs is ok, 3 pins to put her pelvis back together and some PTSD for life, but she made an amazing recovery. Took her 3 years to fully recover and doctors weren't sure she would walk again at 1st so was really lucky.
The police found the driver in the end but didn't press charges cause he was in his 80s.

Its defo made me apprehensive to get back on but I cant let it stop me anymore, I miss it too much..

To be honest, considering all this the weight of the K is the only thing that has put me off buying it as I initially wanted something more nimble for around town/filtering/avoiding collisions etc but the adventure tourers etc just don't do it for me and Im just to big for everything else..

Anyway, Im looking to go try 2 on friday and all being well I should taking one home!

Many thanks again and I will update soon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version