Author Topic: Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Gundog

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S 2010
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus pipes, Schnitzer Bars, Bagster tank bag and cover, GS-911, Skidmarx rear hugger
Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia
« on: June 16, 2019, 03:57:09 am »
Greetings all from Adelaide, South Australia.
Took delivery of my K1300S 2010 on Wednesday, after a 2 week wait while it was freighted from Queensland to SA. Bought sight unseen for $10500 from a really nice lady rider. Bike turned out to be in AWESOME (almost unmarked) condition. Took it into our local BMW dealership yesterday to book the 40K service, and found out that all the recalls and the hot start fix have already been done.  ;D Rode the bike for a few kms there and back, and am already loving it. Very happy with it after my first few kms. Bike came with the Remus pipe; Schnitzer handlebars and triple tree; dark windscreen and a comfort seat (with all the original parts too).

Have been riding for a few years. My other bikes in the picture are a 2006 Honda VTX 1300 (the other one is the wife's; and a 2013 Suzuki DL1000 Vstrom. During warmer months I use the V-Strom as a commuter (The white V-Strom is also the missus'.)
I have done a fair bit of touring around Australia on the other bikes (Tas, Vic, NSW, SA) and toured the South Island of NZ on a Kawasaki KLR650.

Must admit I have bought the BMW as a weekend scooter for the hills, and am planning on giving it a pretty comfortable life.

Hoping to learn lots about the K1300S as I have done on the Honda and Suzuki forums in the past. I have already learnt that I am probably going to need a GS-911 sometime soon....
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:54:35 pm by richtea »
“To arrive in the Rocky Mountains by plane would be to see them in one kind of context, as pretty scenery. But to arrive after days of hard travel across the prairies would be to see them in another way, as a goal, a promised land.”
Robert M. Pirsig: "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Greetings from Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 05:01:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Gundog.

I've removed your two image links because they didn't display.
Here's how to post images to the forum, so please do have a second go:
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=2500.0
or
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=63.0

> I have bought the BMW as a weekend scooter for the hills
It will become more than that to you!  ;D

> I am probably going to need a GS-911 sometime soon
Or maybe try Bluetooth ODB2 first, but not just any old Bluetooth ODB2 dongle.
For around 200AUD / £110 this works well:
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=3426.msg42355#msg42355
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=2734.msg43760#msg43760

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 10:35:56 pm »
Don't rush to get a GS911. I bought one and to be quite honest have only needed it to reset the service light.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 11:03:35 am »
Hi Mark and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Doncha just love it when 'showroom condition' and 'one lady owner' turn out to be the truth  8)

Offline Gundog

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus pipes, Schnitzer Bars, Bagster tank bag and cover, GS-911, Skidmarx rear hugger
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 01:42:03 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Gundog.

I've removed your two image links because they didn't display.
Here's how to post images to the forum, so please do have a second go:
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=2500.0
or
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=63.0

> I have bought the BMW as a weekend scooter for the hills
It will become more than that to you!  ;D

> I am probably going to need a GS-911 sometime soon
Or maybe try Bluetooth ODB2 first, but not just any old Bluetooth ODB2 dongle.
For around 200AUD / £110 this works well:
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=3426.msg42355#msg42355
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=2734.msg43760#msg43760

I have tried to link images but still don t seem to be able to figure it out. Can I use Google photos to store the pictures for posting on the forum? I now can't seem to get the linking to the image to work (and would prefer to use Google photos to store the pictures...?
“To arrive in the Rocky Mountains by plane would be to see them in one kind of context, as pretty scenery. But to arrive after days of hard travel across the prairies would be to see them in another way, as a goal, a promised land.”

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 02:40:44 pm »

I have tried to link images but still don t seem to be able to figure it out. Can I use Google photos to store the pictures for posting on the forum? I now can't seem to get the linking to the image to work (and would prefer to use Google photos to store the pictures...?

Ah - you're my second potential guinea-pig for Google picture posting!

Here's my guide to posting from Google Drive. Please tell me how you get on, and how to improve the guide.
https://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=3699.0

Cheers...

Offline Gundog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 05:59:45 am »
I have finally found some time to sit down and work this thing out with the photos.  ;D Thanks richtea for your informational thread, it was a real help.  The key for me was realizing I couldn't just take a link from my google photos collection, but rather had to put the image into google drive and then share it from there. Once you know the syntax it's pretty easy  8)

Here are a couple of profiles of the new addition to the stable. I have been told "No more! as we still have to fit a car in this garage too" (hence the K1300S sitting on the dolly...).

I have done around 200Kms so far and it rides super. Sure is an upgrade to the other bikes in the garage, but wondering just how much servicing I am going to be able to do on this one by myself...

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:06:54 am by Gundog »

Offline Gundog

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 06:13:24 am »
Hi Mark and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Doncha just love it when 'showroom condition' and 'one lady owner' turn out to be the truth  8)

Could not believe my luck when the bike finally arrived. Soooooooo lucky for it to be as clean as it was. Took it into our only dealership here in Adelaide and when they logged the vin number turns out all the work has been done, as has the hot start wiring harness fix.

gibbo

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 09:17:23 am »
Welcome to the club Gundog. A nice spacious garage which some over here would be envious of. And, a good eclectic mix of steeds on show. Enjoy the new addition to the stable.  ;)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 09:56:55 am »

Here are a couple of profiles of the new addition to the stable. I have been told "No more! as we still have to fit a car in this garage too" (hence the K1300S sitting on the dolly...).

I know how to fix that space problem. Declutter by losing those other bikes.  Plenty of space for the, er, 'right' bike then. ;D

Offline Gundog

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 10:07:15 pm »

I know how to fix that space problem. Declutter by losing those other bikes.  Plenty of space for the, er, 'right' bike then. ;D
You know, I just cant bring myself to let any of them go....

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 10:13:39 am »
...and what's all this about putting a 'car' in a 'garage'?

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 04:44:45 pm »
Hello and welcome,  it looks like a bike loved by previous owner, clean in every aspect. Enjoy.
Embrace the wind.