Author Topic: Apparently NOT an April Fool thing...  (Read 433 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: Apparently NOT an April Fool thing...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 11:41:21 am »
Surely the pre race pretentious grumpy faced riders footage can't get even more grumpy and pretentious!

I'm guessing new owners will be even bigger pimps.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 04:38:43 pm »
I suppose the brolley girls haven't got job security now?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 06:56:03 pm »
You only have to look at F1 to the changes that will eventually come... ::)

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 10:15:00 am »
Not really sure why everyone thinks this is a bad thing? Trying to take it more global rather than just a Spain vs Italy thing?  ???

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 10:41:27 am »
I'm not sure that having the same 'media' company running the entire top tiers in both the 2 and 4 wheeled racing world is such a good idea but that is just me.

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2024, 02:30:51 pm »
Not really sure why everyone thinks this is a bad thing? Trying to take it more global rather than just a Spain vs Italy thing?  ???

If you mean riders, maybe if their new financial model pushes money into the whole "feeder" stuff and getting the kids in at an early age. I believe that doesn't happen. Sure Red Bull do what Red Bull do, but that's Red Bull. p.s Red Bull. p.p.s Sheesh even the smell of it makes me feel ill! Actual location wise, the main thing F1 seemed good at was getting disreputable countries to host Grand Prix. Which fed money to Bernie and eventually the teams. MotoGP has done a good job at emulating that too.

I assume like many sports - let's take tennis for example - it's not the tournaments that ensure a supply of players but local investment in tennis courts, clubs etc. Infrastructure investment by governments. Oh.

Anyway, I asked ChatGPT4 as it's been helping me code all day and I'm sure it likes a change as much as the next pretend guy:
"So, in MotoGP it's mostly Spanish and Italian. Why so few British?" Then it waffled so I told it "sorry, for each key reason please compare Spain/Italy against UK"

Quote from: ChatGPT4
Certainly! When comparing the reasons behind the dominance of Spanish and Italian riders in MotoGP with the relative scarcity of British riders, we can examine the same factors through a comparative lens:

Motorcycling Culture:

Spain and Italy: Both countries have a fervent motorcycling culture that is deeply ingrained in their societies. The public's interest in motorcycle racing is high, and events are widely attended and celebrated. This cultural passion creates a nurturing environment for the sport.
UK: While the UK has a strong motorsport heritage, including motorcycle racing, the focus is more diversified among various types of motorsports, such as Formula 1 and rallying. Motorcycle racing does not dominate the sporting landscape to the same extent as in Spain or Italy, which may lead to less widespread grassroots support and enthusiasm among the general public.
Talent Development Programs:

Spain and Italy: These countries have highly structured and successful talent development programs aimed at identifying and nurturing young riders. Spain's CEV Championship and Italy's CIV Championship are critical in developing future stars, supported by local governments and private sponsors.
UK: The UK also has development programs and championships aimed at young riders, such as the British Superbike Championship's support classes. However, these may not offer the same level of exposure, competition, or continuity directly into international competitions like MotoGP, potentially making the path to the top more challenging.
Support from Manufacturers and Teams:

Spain and Italy: The presence of major motorcycle manufacturers and racing teams in these countries provides significant support and opportunities for local riders. This includes sponsorship, access to top-tier equipment, and development programs directly linked with these manufacturers.
UK: While British riders have historically found success in various classes of motorcycle racing, there's a notable absence of major motorcycle manufacturers based in the UK competing in MotoGP, which could limit the support and opportunities available to British riders compared to their Spanish and Italian counterparts.
Investment in the Sport:

Spain and Italy: Investments in motorcycle racing, from infrastructure to youth programs, are significant in these countries. The government and private sectors actively promote the sport, providing financial backing and resources necessary for cultivating talent.
UK: Investment in motorcycle racing exists, but the scale and focus might not match those in Spain and Italy. The broader focus on various motorsports can mean motorcycle racing receives a smaller portion of available resources, affecting the development pathways for riders.
Geographical and Climatic Advantages:

Spain and Italy: The favorable climate and availability of numerous racing circuits allow for year-round training and racing activities, giving riders from these countries a practical advantage in terms of practice and experience.
UK: The UK's climate is less conducive to year-round outdoor racing and training. This can limit on-track practice opportunities compared to the almost all-year favorable conditions in Spain and Italy.
These factors combined contribute to the strong presence of Spanish and Italian riders in MotoGP and the comparatively fewer British riders at the pinnacle of motorcycle racing.

"Why do you think the UK is lacking so much? Root cause please, keep it concise I haven't got all day pet"

Quote from: ChatGPT4
The root cause of the UK's comparative lack in MotoGP dominance can be attributed primarily to the combination of a less centralized motorcycling culture and the absence of a highly structured, clear development pathway for young talents that directly aligns with MotoGP. While the UK has a rich motorsport heritage, its resources and attention are spread across various types of motorsports, not as focused on motorcycle racing as in Spain and Italy. This broader focus dilutes the concentration of support, infrastructure, and development programs specifically tailored to progress young riders into MotoGP. Additionally, the lack of major motorcycle manufacturers in the UK participating in MotoGP limits the opportunities for direct support and development within the premier class of motorcycle racing.

Anyway, pick that apart :D. I only have 50 messages an hour and I need to work out why my AI thing isn't working right!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 12:47:33 pm »
Bloody hell Matt, that's impressive - and kind of refreshing to get a totally unbiased opinion?

...Additionally, the lack of major motorcycle manufacturers in the UK ... Did you know the Triumph Motorcycles is the only mass producer of motor vehicles that is UK owned (start discussion  ;D). Owned by John Bloor, and his other business, Bloor Houses, is now building down in Southend-on--Sea  ::)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 12:49:08 pm by Belco100 »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 03:09:57 pm »
Yeah Matt. That's what I was saying...

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 04:33:14 pm »
Yeah Matt. That's what I was saying...

it did say it's been watching you... always watching you :P.

Oh god damn it we're missing a frigging emoji thing again!  :D :D :D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 07:18:13 pm »
All my emoji wotsits gradually disappear one by one till I'm left with nothing but a grumpy scowl, but that suits me fine sir!

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2024, 07:39:37 pm »
It all started with Ducati looking for downforce, some years ago.
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...