Author Topic: For Sale: Delkevic Silencer for K1200GT (poss K1300GT too...)  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Quinten

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600GT-SE
For Sale: Delkevic Silencer for K1200GT (poss K1300GT too...)
« on: September 17, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »
Literally two weeks before I traded in my K1200GT-SE, I bought a new silencer for it (the original was a bit tarnished and looking tatty, and I had no real intention of buying another bike).   I only used the bike twice with the new silencer fitted, total mileage about 100 miles.  I put the original back on to trade it in.

It fits straight on with no fuss. The front of the adaptor joins using the original clamp between collector and silencer.  It is only slightly louder than original silencer, by no means loud or antisocial.  The baffle is removable but I didn't get round to removing it so I can't say how much louder it might be with that removed.  It is a lot lighter than original silencer (which contains the catalytic converter, I believe)  - well under half the weight, I'd say.    The adapter and mounting strap are included, as they were in the kit I bought.  Everything really is "as new."

You can find details (including the original price) here:

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=37814&search=BMW+k1200GT

Pic of what's for sale:

Only pic I have of it on the bike (visit to dealer to test ride the next bike):

Detail from invoice:

I paid £130.  Price for sale: £80  plus postage (or you can collect if you're passing Folkestone).

PS  As far as I'm aware, this will fit a K1300 too.  And the detail on the invoice suggests it will fit the K1200S...