Author Topic: California Superbike School  (Read 3583 times)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
California Superbike School
« on: November 03, 2019, 10:05:03 am »
California Superbike School has gone into liquidation, probably something to do with Matt  ;)

https://superbikeschool.co.uk/

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: California Superbike School
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 10:18:52 am »
I’m amazed!

I’ve never been but from friends etc. who have been it always seems very well supported.

And to think, Matt bought an S1K just to keep riding round in circles there...

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 07:33:43 pm »
I bet it was that air I used to pump my tyres back up to road pressures that's tipped them over the edge!

So at least it's only the franchise, but I expect if someone else takes it up we may have a period of bedding in. Oh well! I'll get track tuition as I go!

Sorry everyone :p
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline beech

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus Hexcone
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:17:14 am »
I attended in Seattle area. Best money ever spent on motorcycle stuff. Wish I had done it 20 years ago. Think you know how to ride, take the first two sections. Then give it a thought. Eleven hours and I was exhausted. Really a good show.
beech
K1300S
S1000R

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 10:19:45 am »
I attended in Seattle area. Best money ever spent on motorcycle stuff. Wish I had done it 20 years ago. Think you know how to ride, take the first two sections. Then give it a thought. Eleven hours and I was exhausted. Really a good show.
Good to know, however no use to us unfortunately as they have gone into administration  :-[

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 02:11:34 pm »
Good to know, however no use to us unfortunately as they have gone into administration  :-[
hahaha :D

But seriously, if you can get on Bullseye it's a great show, and Jim Bowen is a standup fellow :P
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline beech

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus Hexcone
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 12:14:07 am »
Yes, sorry gone from the UK. I was under the impression the School had days at various tracks in Europe, but a search yesterday turned up nothing. I suspect there are several good replacements around at some of the major tracks. My real point is that professional track schools are a great experience and I found it amazingly helpful.
beech
K1300S
S1000R

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 12:20:33 pm »
I think it's very sad. Perhaps a reflection of the times but I've never heard a bad report from the guys at CSS and everyone, including our very own Threepenny Bit Matt had their riding transformed in one session.

For you colonial types, a Threepenny Bit was a now defunt coin worth three pennies, or thruppance in common parlance (of 240 in a pound) in the old pre-decimalisation days of real sterling. It was a weird coin in its later guises as it was the only British coin to have a non-round edge, rather having 12 straight sides, not unlike a modern £1 coin.

With decimalisation in '71 came all sorts of weird coin shapes such as the 50p and 20p coins so we now have almost as many coin shapes to describe all our cornering habits  ;D

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 02:33:45 pm »
As per Brains post, I never actually used the CSS but I'd only ever heard good things about it Such a shame it's gone from the UK.

Totally off topic but Brains mention of a thrupenny bit reminded me of the superb footnote from Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman:

"NOTE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND AMERICANS: One shilling = Five Pee. It helps to understand the antique finances of the Witchfinder Army if you know the original British monetary system:

Two farthings = One Ha'penny. Two ha'pennies = One Penny. Three pennies = A Thrupenny Bit. Two Thrupences = A Sixpence. Two Sixpences = One Shilling, or Bob. Two Bob = A Florin. One Florin and one Sixpence = Half a Crown. Four Half Crowns = Ten Bob Note. Two Ten Bob Notes = One Pound (or 240 pennies). One Pound and One Shilling = One Guinea.

The British resisted decimalized currency for a long time because they thought it was too complicated."
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 02:54:57 pm »
Please don't call him Brains, David - it just encourages him.  ::)

And while we're digressing, a Pound sterling is from a pound (lb) weight of (sterling) silver, back in the day when portable wealth was your only wealth really.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:59:06 pm by richtea »

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 02:58:39 pm »
Please don't call him Brains, David - it just encourages him.  ::)

Bloody auto-correct!!!! It's because I didn't type the apostrophe! Damn!

You are so right Richard. Exactly "the wrong" mistake to make!!!! ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline farmer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1200rs, k1300s
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 03:59:41 pm »
aahhh terry prachett..... even worse of a loss than css, never was there, but kept up impatiently waiting for terry to finish his next book for years....

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 05:05:40 pm »
I read the first Pratchett Discworld book a couple of months ago. My brother read a bunch when we were kids, but I was more interested in his hand-off Arthur C. Clarke and Ian M. Banks books back then.

Anyway. Provided I have a bike I'll be going to some kind of track and hopefully tuition in the spring and will let everyone know what happens.

gibbo

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 10:27:33 am »
Looks as if all the CSS stuff is going up for auction. Here's the link:-

https://www.apexauctions.co.uk/en/#!/auctionDetails/3752?page=0

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 10:18:50 am »
If someone is really interested , CSS operates in two tracks in Greece , (near athens and near Thessalonika up north). We have many riders fm Europe attending due to cost efect.
So really I can get anyone in contact with CSS owner and arrange a good and fair price even a discount for more than one riders .
We already have special price for members of our team here. With some of us extending their interest for next year for advanced levels we are in continues negotiation with him.
Theoretical instructor is a famous UK rider , the same that delivered the lessons up in UK.
And its not going to be in administration.
Embrace the wind.