Author Topic: Helibars  (Read 2159 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Helibars
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:26:08 am »
In view of Brian’s current disability as in his wrists and not what keeps his ears apart... ;D and while i’m a long way from such one always like to have a Plan B...so let’s here from those that have them.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Helibars
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 11:39:09 am »
Brian's got them fitted already!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 12:46:58 pm »
Chinookbars. For the man that already has Helibars.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 02:10:10 pm »
I thought BMW had already answered the question of "beyond Helibars". I think they called it the GT! ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 06:47:04 pm »
Helibars, better than no helibars, but only a subtle improvement IMHO.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 11:03:47 pm »
For those of us with very long legs and very short backs, the stretch to the OEM bars is a stretch too far.

I had the Helibars on the K12S and swapped them onto the K13S when I upgraded despite the grip location holes being different...

For me, they make the stretch do-able but it still isn't comfortable or ideal. I also have foam grip puppies which add thickness and as they say 'every little helps'.

With my current incapacity I am convinced the K has to go to someone who needs a continent crushing ballistic cruise missile, in dark black.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 08:55:27 am »
I had Helibars on my 13S... and as they say - only a subtle difference. Slightly more upright... which in my case meant I needed a new screen as having just got it perfect without - the Helibars popped me back up into the disturbed air... I found the bike comfy before and after - long rides perhaps better with (marginal) - but only with the screen sorted...
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

revd

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 09:22:59 am »
I am thinking of these for the K1200R... just for a slightly more upright position so I don't have to crick my neck so much.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 01:51:27 pm »
Cripes!

The R top bridge and bars are a reasonable 'upgrade' for the S making it much more sit up and beg.

You would really suffer on an S if you suffer on an R.