Author Topic: Drones  (Read 1543 times)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Drones
« on: December 24, 2018, 05:16:40 pm »
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Drones
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 05:30:45 pm »
Yep, me! And mine was working brilliantly down Croyden way a few days ago...

The secret is to spin it faster than you are doing at the moment and then, with an almost silent 'whoosh' it will lift off and be at your command  8)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:48:13 pm »
As posted last week.
Not mine, but too good not to borrow. I'd credit the original creator but it came via several hops.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:04:13 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

I love the latest police line that there 'may' not have been a drone incursion after all. I bet those tens of thousands of tourists who lost their holidays are well pleased to hear that...

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 11:04:34 pm »
;D ;D ;D

I love the latest police line that there 'may' not have been a drone incursion after all. I bet those tens of thousands of tourists who lost their holidays are well pleased to hear that...

There's a whole lot more to the drone story than is currently being told. You don't shut Gatwick for a day just because of a couple of possible drone incursions.  Half an hour - yes! A whole day? No way!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 10:47:48 am »
Well...the way I see it is they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

A twin-engined passenger plane somewhere near it's weight limit with a rookie first officer on board and a captain with his mind more on last night's conquest than his flying, injests my 1.25Kg dji Vision 2+ (complete with its fully charged Li-Ion battery pack) at or about V2 and whether or not the plane makes a safe go-around and landing is largely irrelevant. A few million quid's worth of Rolls finest goes 'pop' and the world's media have something other than Brexit to blab about.

Once again, a couple of apparently totally innocent perople have their lives ruined by our wonderful free press, no one else is in the frame, 60 or so airport staff, passengers and police all saw a 'drone', a damaged one was found within the airfield boundary...

I think that alien craft are a lot smaller than the ones portrayed in Independence Day  ::)