Author Topic: break in the ignition  (Read 2715 times)

Offline trebor99

• View Profile
break in the ignition
« on: April 29, 2018, 06:46:19 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with k1300s. Only in the first gear about 6000-7000 RPM there is a break in the ignition and a jerk for about 0.2 to 0.5 seconds as if the traction control was activated, but it is stronger. I checked off the traction control and the same. I was diagnosing the computer and the only error code is the exhaust servo motor that can be deleted.
Do you have any advice on what it could be?

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Re: break in the ignition
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 07:48:39 pm »
Hello................
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 10:11:10 pm »
Hi
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 07:48:18 am »
Welcome to the forum, it would be a good idea to pop across to the who's who section and just give us a brief introduction.  ;)
Also if you put your name and location in your profile, it helps other members give you targeted information.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 08:43:11 am »
...and a little more info on the bike. Age, mileage, history etc.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:45:28 am »
You didn't say Hi Brian. ::)
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 12:08:49 pm »
I didn't say 'Hi. Brian' either...

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 12:40:40 pm »
 :)

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 01:09:02 pm »
You didn't say Hi Brian. ::)

Never mind I'l do it...............................Hi Brian ;D
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 01:18:47 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with k1300s. Only in the first gear about 6000-7000 RPM there is a break in the ignition and a jerk for about 0.2 to 0.5 seconds as if the traction control was activated, but it is stronger. I checked off the traction control and the same. I was diagnosing the computer and the only error code is the exhaust servo motor that can be deleted.
Do you have any advice on what it could be?

Are you sure it's not the ACS kicking in? Does it happen only when accelerating hard or does it also happen when accelerating gently?
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 01:35:06 pm »
I think we can safely say that at 6-7,000 rpm in first, the bike is accellerating hard...or cruising very uneconomically 😃

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 01:44:34 pm »
I think we can safely say that at 6-7,000 rpm in first, the bike is accellerating hard...or cruising very uneconomically 😃

No necessarily so! If I have a short distance between one stop and another then I may not accelerate hard but will still let the engine spin up to over 7000 in first before shutting off. I'm keen to know if, in such circumstances, the OPs bike still "misses".
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 01:49:11 pm »

Are you sure it's not the ACS kicking in? Does it happen only when accelerating hard or does it also happen when accelerating gently?

I think Trebor's covered that one:
> I checked off the traction control and the same.

Unless it can fail to switch off, i.e. still stay on? It would be the 'right' way to fail, so to speak, in safety terms.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 02:14:18 pm »

I think Trebor's covered that one:
> I checked off the traction control and the same.

Unless it can fail to switch off, i.e. still stay on? It would be the 'right' way to fail, so to speak, in safety terms.

Sorry for not being clear. I'm trying to establish if "checking the traction control" simply means there are no errors on the GS911 or that he's absolutely sure he's not spinning the rear up and the ACS is bringing his "enthusiasm" under control.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 06:49:46 pm »

No necessarily so! If I have a short distance between one stop and another then I may not accelerate hard but will still let the engine spin up to over 7000 in first before shutting off. I'm keen to know if, in such circumstances, the OPs bike still "misses".

We've already had this discussion about your 'abuse' of your engine David  ;D