Author Topic: Trakcing devices  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Trakcing devices
« on: June 01, 2015, 04:31:34 pm »
Fort those interested for a reliable state of the art tracking device take a look on the new arrive in market by Sol2.be , the man who makes the accelerator cable.
Embrace the wind.

Offline bluetoaster

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: AC Schnitzer can, Hugger, Pazzo levers

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: A 2009 my 1300s (maybe the sport model as it has all the options)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Zumo 550, optimate, rear rack, tail packs, panniers, front and rear R&G axle protectors.
Re: Trakcing devices
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 07:22:10 pm »
Interesting - I'm surprised something so cheap works so well. But I'm a cynical so and so...

Offline bluetoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:17:12 pm »
I had my doubts, which is why I didn't go near the option to disable the car remotely by text. I don't want something that cheap having the ability to disable my engine at will.

However as a cheap car locator it is great. I simply call it, wait a couple of seconds and get a text back with a link to the location in google maps. Typically it will report the car is within 15 feet of where I left it.

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: A 2009 my 1300s (maybe the sport model as it has all the options)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Zumo 550, optimate, rear rack, tail packs, panniers, front and rear R&G axle protectors.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 03:52:29 pm »
Is it an easy install?

Where did you mount the box of tricks?

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 05:02:35 pm »
I'm currently using the GSM-GPRS-GPS Tracker and it is been installed in the bike:

Rest of the parts in an undisclosed position, tracker is long life battery powered but for obvious reasons have established a battery connection not very visible of course.
The reason for this installation is to provide me enough time to track bike is case someone decides to take it as a souvenir (joke),
Being a PI using such devices to track cars and vehicles generally in cases like adultery etc with very satisfactory results.
Furthermore in a late Police seminar the constables from vehicle theft department described the procedure after a vehicle stolen as such: thieves remove vehicle, park it in a suburb away from original crime scene, arrange surveillance for vehicle usually for up to three days in order to establish in vehicle is equipped with a tracking device, if not then remove vehicle for transform in used parts or transfer it to another country lately they prefer African ones. In those three days when the owner has installed a tracking device then by submitting to Police tracking details they have a pretty good change to recover it.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 05:22:12 pm »
Reading the review it sounds like it will kill my bike battery in only a few days :(

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 05:37:24 pm »
Hadn't happen that to mine for 5 years now. It only draws current when its own battery goes below 15% and that happens every four weeks of continuous operation, and its battery is fully charged after only 1 hour.
Embrace the wind.

Offline bluetoaster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 11:19:23 pm »
I have one of these now fitted to each of my bikes http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-Microphone-individuals-surveillance-MA076/dp/B00KRZTKQ8/. Installation is a simple 2 wires to the battery and stick the unit somewhere out of the way.

I am happy as a cheap easy solution. The backup battery doesn't last more than a couple of days without an external power source but I've had no issues with the bike batteries. It is set to turn itself off, other than the gsm modem, after a few minutes and the drain is low. I do use battery chargers regularly though.

Offline Pmorritt

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300S 30 Anniversary Ed.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: This n that+ other stuff
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 12:02:09 am »
I'm currently using the GSM-GPRS-GPS Tracker and it is been installed in the bike:

Rest of the parts in an undisclosed position, tracker is long life battery powered but for obvious reasons have established a battery connection not very visible of course.
The reason for this installation is to provide me enough time to track bike is case someone decides to take it as a souvenir (joke),
Being a PI using such devices to track cars and vehicles generally in cases like adultery etc with very satisfactory results.
Furthermore in a late Police seminar the constables from vehicle theft department described the procedure after a vehicle stolen as such: thieves remove vehicle, park it in a suburb away from original crime scene, arrange surveillance for vehicle usually for up to three days in order to establish in vehicle is equipped with a tracking device, if not then remove vehicle for transform in used parts or transfer it to another country lately they prefer African ones. In those three days when the owner has installed a tracking device then by submitting to Police tracking details they have a pretty good change to recover it.
Costas, your information is entirely correct, having been a LEO in NYC and 30 years in LA.  After that I was a Law Enforcement Liasion for LoJack Corp.  Steal it, park it somewhere and leave it for a few days to see if there is some type of tracking device on it.   Then again there are others who steal it, usually more than one bike in a gutted stolen van and it is stripped in less than 1 hour, leaving your poor hulk of a bike on a deserted road.

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is quite exhausting