General forum area > The Euro K Comms & Sat Nav Corner (including Trackers)

Genuine BMW SatNav Mount for K1300GT?

(1/3) > >>

GlynH:
Doing some research I have seen a couple of genuine BMW SatNav mounts suitable for a K1300GT as unlike some other K1300 models I am unable to use a RAM type ball mount in the steering yoke because the adjustable bars seem to obscure the centreline.

I have however seen what looks like a plastic cover that replaces the existing plastic cover that tidies up the rear of the adjusting bolts that has a mount built into the top putting the mounting plate pretty close to the bottom in the gap between the middle section of the bars if that makes sense?

I have seen this with two different part numbers but in addition there seems to be a metal mount that picks up on the same mounting holes but sits behind the existing plastic cover.

Both of these are difficult to explain and as I still can't post photos properly despite following the instruction its the best I can do!  >:(

I wonder if any of you have one of the following BMW parts on your K1300GT and if you can shed some light on exactly what these items are please?

BMW tell me the part numbers are correct but the parts are not available and despite my asking if they could check other dealer stock etc. I am not convinced they did.

Out of desperation I have ordered the latter of the two parts from eBay but the seller in Lithuania can't even list his own auction correctly and the drawing he sent me shows a different part to another seller from Bulgaria but with an identical part number!

And despite me paying £29 for it two weeks ago I haven't received confirmation of postage and the expected delivery date is showing as 21-29 June so I expect he is one of those sellers who advertise things they don't have in stock and am expecting the worst.

I was looking at the Bike Pen R type of mount (Wunderlich also make a similar mount to the BPR) but I prefer the factory mount if at all possible.

Does anybody have any experience of any of the above part numbers or possibly one lying around they might care to sell?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Phmode:
Just so you get at least one answer...

...no! No experience of a GT whatsoever, but I hate folks not getting even useless answers  :laugh:

raesewell:
I might have one knocking about in the garage somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Phmode:
Yer a star Rae  :laugh:

raesewell:
I would hold back on the praise there Brian, I've had a look and can't find it, I think it might have fell victim to a garage clear out  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version