Author Topic: New Member from Ireland  (Read 987 times)

Offline steve_newlands

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1300 Clutch
New Member from Ireland
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:08:25 pm »
Hi Guys,

I bought an immaculate bumble bee '05 K1200S early in the spring so thought I'd join up to get some insight into the model.
It's my first Beemer and bought it on a whim to see how I got on with it. Fitted the K1300 clutch, sorted the saddle out and it's been a pleasant surprise to be honest.

Just got to sort out my cam chain rattle and I'll be happy   :P ; well until I upgrade to a K1300S.

Cheers
Steve.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: New Member from Ireland
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 05:17:38 pm »
Hi Steve and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

So, that'll be the new cam-chain tensioner and jump guard bits then. It was a recall (of sorts) so if you bought it from a main dealer he should sort it for you. The bits are about £70. You should have done the jump guard (about 40p) when you did the clutch (it just clips in round the crank sprocket but needs the clutch cover to come off to fit it) as it is the bit that stops the chain jumping the teeth on the crank sprocket (when the old tensioner loses its oil when standing and allows the chain to slap on start up) and having the valves meet the pistons. The new tensioner will sort the rattle on start up and 'should' stop the chain jumping but the guard is the 'guarantee'!

Glad you like the bike and lovely to have you on board.

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Re: New Member from Ireland
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:26:11 pm »
Welcome, where in Ireland are you? Incidentally, any particular reason for fitting a K13s clutch?
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.