Author Topic: Beware travel cover  (Read 2697 times)

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
Beware travel cover
« on: March 09, 2019, 12:02:18 pm »
Copied from a Paul Foulkes post on UK bikers touring Europe.
BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
these are also behind the Boots travel insurance investigation for medical negligence.
HOLIDAYSAFE TRAVEL INSURANCE BEWARE.
HOLIDAYSAFE UNFOUNDED CLAIM REFUSAL
I took out the top HOLIDAYSAFE HS Premier policy for my motorcycle tour of Spain for the following reasons.
1 It covered riding a motorcycle over 125 cc PROVIDING A CRASH HELMET AND THE CORRECT PROTECTIVE
CLOTHING IS WORN.
2 It provided £2000 of personal possessions cover, which included underwear, outerwear, clothing, hats, etc, etc
3 It provided European cover including Spain.
When my crash helmet and gloves were stolen in Spain I made a claim with all documentation, police report etc and
it was REFUSED.
The reasons given for the refusal are.
A CRASH HELMET IS NOT A PERSONAL POSSESSION IT IS A PEICE OF SAFETY EQUIPMENT SO NOT COVERED.
ALTHOUGH IT IS A REQUIREMENT OF THE POLICY TO WEAR ONE AND NO EXCLUSIONS ARE LISTED
GLOVES ARE NOT CLOTHING BUT ARE MOTORCYCLE APPARAL ???? SO NOT COVERED
The dictionary definition of apparel is clothing ???.
HOLIDAYSAFE TARGET MOTORCYCLE RIDERS WITH THEIR POLICIES …..ON PAPER THEY LOOK GOOD BUT
THEY WILL USE A CLAIM HANDLING COMPANY TO REFUTE YOUR CLAIM.
DO NOT BE FOOLED BY TRUSTPILOT 5 STAR REVIEWS, THIS ONLY SHOWS HOW GOOD THE PRICE AND COVER IS
NOT HOW WELL THEY HANDLE CLAIMS OR HOW FAIRLY.
TAKE A LOOK AT HOW BAD THE REVIEWS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE TRIED TO CLAIM.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS AND PLEASE SHARE TO FRIENDS ,FAMILY AND THE MOTORCYCLE COMMUNITY.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: Beware travel cover
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 12:11:31 pm »
My question would be:  What did the insurance ombudsman say?

That's the only thing that's really important.

Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Beware travel cover
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 12:42:13 pm »
...and, whilst it has nothing to do with the quality of the insurance company, one wonders quite where the helmet and gloves were stolen from. The number of riders who leave their helmets on the mirrors or seat while they wander off for coffee or a meal is astounding.

Even the ubiquitous helmet lock is worse than useless on the K and the last time I left my helmet attached to a 'proper' helmet lock was in the Isle of Man in 1988. There was a kerfuffle just down the front in Douglas and it transpired that another guy had left his helmet locked to his bike. When he came back some kind soul had pi$$ed in it  >:(