Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4463 times)

Offline K13HKG

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: None yet
Hello
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:18:28 pm »
Hi I've just joined. I was briefly a member of the other site and received some good help with where to go when my ABS pump failed.

Just changed from a K1200 R Sport to a 13S and am just working out what extras need....

I'm based just outside Scunthorpe.

H.
09 Tri Colour

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »
Hi K13HKG and welcome back to the fold, glad you found us.

Now then, cos we're a friendly bunch in here (some are, anyway) and to save everyone else having to type K13HKG every time they talk to you, perhaps you'd like to add a name, your K bike type and location to your Profile so we all know who you are, where you are and what you ride.

Brian (who wonders how you found us)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 05:50:43 pm »
Hello K13HKG
Nice to have you on board I have added you to the members map.
As Brian says please let us know your name and add your details to your profile.
Take a look at the events section, there maybe something there that takes your fancy.
Rae

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 07:14:57 pm »
Hello (number plate??) and welcome to the forum

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 07:36:32 pm »
Welcome, K13. I have the R Sport and I'd be interested to hear how you're getting on with the K1300S, especially the riding position.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 09:23:31 pm »
Hi K13 welcome to the site. Much faster bike the S than the R a wise choice indeed (but probably not as fast as K9)

Cheers,

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline K13HKG

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: None yet
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:25:52 am »
Thanks for the Hello,s. Comments taken on board and I have added a profile. Just need an A pic or something. I only done 60 miles on the S so far so can't comment on the differences. I stopped as I wanted a slightly more sportier riding position than the R sport.

Dusty I have a wunderlich Screen and Hugger for the R Sport in the garage if your interested?

I,ve noticed a couple of local ish people, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you over the summer.

H.

09 Tri Colour

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 08:29:55 am »
Twisty and myself sometimes meet in Cleethorpes, maybe we will see you.
(oh and, what's your name?)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 08:52:55 am »
It's 'H' Rae can't you see?

Let's have a guess: Harry, Henry, Horatio, Hubert, Humbert, Hilary, Hortence(think that's a girls name but hey), Hugo, Hector, Harold, Hugh, Harvey, Hank, Herbert, Howie, Hussein and a little further afield how about Hansel (as in Gretel)

B.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 09:03:18 am »
H, Thanks for the offer. I'v tried a Puig double bubble and sold it because it didn't suit me as well as the standard. I've recently fitted another one which may be Skidmarx and the jury is still out, so what style is the Wunderlich? Perhaps you could, please, PM me details and prices of screen and hugger. Thanks

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 09:09:47 am »
Or maybe, just maybe we have a celebrity joining our esteemed K club.........could it be.......really.......'H' from Steps!

B.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 10:15:49 am »
Thanks for adding the personal info Howard.

Brian (who sees it in his Profile, simples)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 10:40:15 am »
Welcome aboard Howard, see that is how is properly done.
Embrace the wind.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 10:46:35 am »
Well I was nearly right with Howie and I didn't take a peek in the profile even though I knew I could. ;)

So again a very warm welcome to you Howard and let me reiterate that you have a far superior bike in the S than the R and will go much quicker and in much more comfort for much longer distances!

Bob

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 04:52:44 pm »
Hello Howard, it is a pleasure to meet you. Enjoy the forum.